GreySec Forums
How can you help Greysec? - Printable Version

+- GreySec Forums (https://greysec.net)
+-- Forum: Portal and Meta (https://greysec.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Miscellaneous Discussion (https://greysec.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: How can you help Greysec? (/showthread.php?tid=360)

Pages: 1 2 3

How can you help Greysec? - Insider - 07-30-2015

How can you help Greysec?

If we all help together we can achieve a lot, including making GreySec a better place! So I decided to create a thread about it too, how you can help us become a better site.

Financial

Greysec costs a lot of money to run, but it's not a problem for me. I have money to throw around, but any help with financial costs is greatly appericiated.

We accept Bitcoins, read more: http://greysec.net/misc.php?action=help&hid=9

Top Donors:
  • 123 => 270$
  • NO-OP => 38$
  • D/L - 18$
  • Atlas => 5$
  • illmanors => 4$
Donators will be added to the list

Graphics

If you're good at graphics you can help as well.

Greysec Graphics Wishlist
  • Banner (If you can make something better)
  • Signature (For advertising)
  • Favicon (Tab Icon)
  • Thread Design (For Advertising)
  • Ad-Banner (For advertising on sites)
  • Videopromo (For youtube +/ vimeo)
  • Avatars (For our members, will be placed into default avatar gallery)
  • Userbars can be accepted too. I prefer simple ones like we have now. With similar content.

Networking

Follow our twitter here: https://twitter.com/greysec_net
Join our IRC: #greysec.net server - irc.rizon.net

Forum Activity

Content
If you something about a special subject, make a thread about it. You can create a tutorial, guide or simply a discussion thread about anything. You found a cool exploit? Make a PoC and explain how it works! Just made something cool? Tell us about it.

Activity
Did you find something interesting on Greysec? Make a reply, both the author and everyone else would appericiate a reply on their thread. Greysec is a forum, a forum is a living organism and we are the cells. Don't be a dead cell, be alive and post.

Avoid posts just to say thank you, try to contribute with something. Maybe offer your personal experience, tell something that might improve the topic? Or maybe you have a question about the topic which the author can answer.

Sharing

It's okay if you're not an expert at something, if you have found something cool you can also share it with us. Found a really cool blog post or article? You can always share it, same goes for other content. Remember to give content, leaking is not cool!

If you have files which interest us, share it! I love ebooks, I have a collection of ebooks and other stuff. I'm sure our other users would appericiate something like security ebooks or programming ebooks. Remember to virus scan binary and archived files! If you have source code, great! Share that too, we love open source.

Other

If you need help with something, why don't you ask us? We have a bunch of helpful members with a lot of knowledge on our hands, it would be ashame to let us keep that knowledge for ourself. But remember, do your own research before asking something on Greysec! Otherwise, some of us might get unhappy.

Same goes for our knowledgeable members, don't just sit there and keep the information for yourself? :p Be helpful and help out other members too by sharing your knowledge.

Members

We need more members, of course. I haven't made any efforts myself so far. Because I want to finish the new theme and set up new help documents. Because I want to leave a better impression on newcomers. Anyhow, you can still do a lot!

Have friends? Of course you do, go tell them about Greysec and how great it is. Whether it'd be skype, jabber or irc. Go tell them, that's pretty much how I've gotten members here and look at the ammounts of referals I have... 20. It's pretty effective if you ask me, word of mouth. But remember, do not ever spam our website, that will make people angry and we don't want that.

Feedback

I'm always looking for ways to improve Greysec, both as a administrator and the site itself. Do you have a suggestion? Post it, I want to know it. I will not ridicule any suggestions no matter how silly they may sound. Would you like to change any section names or have any better section descriptions? Yes let me know, even small stuff like that matter.

If you have complaints about me as an administrator or my staff team, please send me a private message and we can talk about it. I'm always looking for ways to improve.

RE: How can you help Greysec? - DropTheMag - 07-30-2015

Once I re-begin my business and restart work after school hours, I'll be sure to help out financially, and aid GreySec in it's graphical needs. Thanks so much for everything! And sorry for the short reply, don't have much time!

Kind Regards, - SlyStudios

RE: How can you help Greysec? - NO-OP - 07-30-2015

I checked and the transfer as for 0.1 BTC well 0.1002 BTC but the last significant figure is less than..ell significant.

I'll be making some more GS posts soon though.

RE: How can you help Greysec? - Hexadecimal - 11-05-2015

Hey, I can help out with graphics/design if you're still looking for it. I did a bunch of the very early HS design for Crazymouse way back when I was a Super Moderator.

RE: How can you help Greysec? - Insider - 11-06-2015

(11-05-2015, 10:39 PM)D.VA Wrote: Hey, I can help out with graphics/design if you're still looking for it. I did a bunch of the very early HS design for Crazymouse way back when I was a Super Moderator.

2EZY/Hex or Lost I suppose. Happy to see you around, welcome to GreySec Smile And yes graphics is still appericiated. More details below.

I'm mostly looking for a:
1) Better banner, I'm going to try to make one myself. A more flat one. Similar design as it is now, the second part is a blue color. And the first part is either grey or more lighter grey. If you can figure out something that will look better than the current one, you're free to make one. Example of a banner I made, although it doesn't fit in; the white is too white.

2) Ad-banner: This is mostly to simply advertise on websites through ad-space, where we can get potential members. It shouldn't matter much how this looks like, maybe have it simply describe what GreySec is; or attract visitors. One details you should know about that the ad-banner must be of the resolution 728x90. The format can be anything you'd like, including .gif. Example of an ad-banner I made.

3) A signature for GreySec, which you can use on other forums and through that way advertise GreySec. I'm not sure if there's many details should be known, as long as it can somehow present GreySec in a good way.

4) Thread design, kind of the same concept as a GreySec signature. You can advetise GreySec by posting this thread design, and also show eg what GreySec is about and what we can offer. I'm not sure, I haven't thought much about it. Here's an example for a thread design made for a forum: link.

RE: How can you help Greysec? - Psycho_Coder - 11-06-2015

I will contribute by sharing my knowledge and helping others Smile

RE: How can you help Greysec? - Hexadecimal - 11-06-2015

(11-06-2015, 02:17 AM)Insider Wrote:
(11-05-2015, 10:39 PM)D.VA Wrote: Hey, I can help out with graphics/design if you're still looking for it. I did a bunch of the very early HS design for Crazymouse way back when I was a Super Moderator.

2EZY/Hex or Lost I suppose. Happy to see you around, welcome to GreySec Smile And yes graphics is still appericiated. More details below.

I'm mostly looking for a:
1) Better banner, I'm going to try to make one myself. A more flat one. Similar design as it is now, the second part is a blue color. And the first part is either grey or more lighter grey. If you can figure out something that will look better than the current one, you're free to make one. Example of a banner I made, although it doesn't fit in; the white is too white.

2) Ad-banner: This is mostly to simply advertise on websites through ad-space, where we can get potential members. It shouldn't matter much how this looks like, maybe have it simply describe what GreySec is; or attract visitors. One details you should know about that the ad-banner must be of the resolution 728x90. The format can be anything you'd like, including .gif. Example of an ad-banner I made.

3) A signature for GreySec, which you can use on other forums and through that way advertise GreySec. I'm not sure if there's many details should be known, as long as it can somehow present GreySec in a good way.

4) Thread design, kind of the same concept as a GreySec signature. You can advetise GreySec by posting this thread design, and also show eg what GreySec is about and what we can offer. I'm not sure, I haven't thought much about it. Here's an example for a thread design made for a forum: link.

Yeah it's Hex, someone on Skype sent me a link to this forum so I figured I'd check it out. I'm pretty busy this weekend but I'll find the time to whip some stuff up, I'll PM ya.

RE: How can you help Greysec? - Insider - 11-06-2015

(11-06-2015, 03:44 PM)Hexadecimal Wrote: Yeah it's Hex, someone on Skype sent me a link to this forum so I figured I'd check it out. I'm pretty busy this weekend but I'll find the time to whip some stuff up, I'll PM ya.

That's great! Thanks for supporting and helping us out. Will be looking forward too it, and take your time. It's no rush, if there's any questions about anything then let me know.

RE: How can you help Greysec? - Nerdie - 01-09-2016

I'll be trying to help out the forum as much as possible! Thanks for sharing ways on how we can do so!

RE: How can you help Greysec? - iliketoeat - 01-20-2016

I know that you did not ask for this, but I wanted to try my hand on GS logo. Just for fun I made Sans Serif font from scratch. I have an idea to give it a "pop" (hate when people say to make it pop), but yeah here it goes - 
[Image: ieYSNED.png?1]