GreySec Forums
Creating an Anti-trolling task force - Printable Version

+- GreySec Forums ()
+-- Forum: Security and Exploitation (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: General Hacking and Security (/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Creating an Anti-trolling task force (/showthread.php?tid=4251)

Creating an Anti-trolling task force - Daxelius - 11-28-2018

Hello guys,

I've been thinking lately about the need of an online, open source task force to curb the predominance of online trolls that often incur in acts of violence or terrorism while attempting to stay anonymous on Twitter and other social media platforms. I just feel that those of us with sufficient technical skills should serve as a counter-force to those who intend to do harm under the guise of anonymity.

Who's with me?

RE: Creating an Anti-trolling task force - enmafia2 - 11-28-2018

I'm confused what is exactly your plan?

RE: Creating an Anti-trolling task force - Daxelius - 11-28-2018

(11-28-2018, 07:14 PM)enmafia2 Wrote: I'm confused what is exactly your plan?

To track these "anonymous accounts", uncover their identities, and maybe report to authorities, or at least create some sort of database listing them. I am particularly referring to people who very explicitly post allusions about committing terrorist acts, harming people and other radical anti-semitic content as an example. I believe in free speech and I'm fully against censorship. I just think there should be a task force that attempts to at least uncover the identities of people who clearly imply or state their intention to harm others online on a consistent basis.

RE: Creating an Anti-trolling task force - enmafia2 - 11-29-2018

(11-28-2018, 11:49 PM)Daxelius Wrote:
(11-28-2018, 07:14 PM)enmafia2 Wrote: I'm confused what is exactly your plan?

To track these "anonymous accounts", uncover their identities, and maybe report to authorities, or at least create some sort of database listing them. I am particularly referring to people who very explicitly post allusions about committing terrorist acts, harming people and other radical anti-semitic content as an example. I believe in free speech and I'm fully against censorship. I just think there should be a task force that attempts to at least uncover the identities of people who clearly imply or state their intention to harm others online on a consistent basis.

Well, I'm not in, I doubt that is legal and I prefer not getting in trouble. Just report the accounts and they should get banned.