Error with Scapy scripts
Hope someone can help me here, I’m getting the same TypeError: 'IP' object is not callable error with 2 different scapy scripts

The first script I’m sending packet to my router:

Code:
sr(IP(dst="192.168.1.254")/TCP(dport=[21,22,23,80]))
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
TypeError                                 Traceback (most recent call last)
<ipython-input-50-42d44e8df85e> in <module>()
----> 1 sr(IP(dst="192.168.1.254")/TCP(dport=[21,22,23,80]))
TypeError: 'IP' object is not callable

The second script I’m sending packet to a domain:
a,b =sr(IP(dst="[url=http://www.danscourses.com/]www.danscourses.com[/url]")/TCP(sport=[RandShort()]*10))

<ipython-input-60-84b1eab0d90c> in <module>()
----> 1 a,b =sr(IP(dst="[url=http://www.danscourses.com/]www.danscourses.com[/url]")/TCP(sport=[RandShort()]*10))

Am I getting these errors I’m using a usb live persistence and not an Ethernet  ?
Thanks
Out of curiosity, what's the output of print(IP)?
(12-28-2020, 01:38 PM)FancyBear Wrote: Hope someone can help me here, I’m getting the same TypeError: 'IP' object is not callable error with 2 different scapy scripts

The first script I’m sending packet to my router:

Code:
sr(IP(dst="192.168.1.254")/TCP(dport=[21,22,23,80]))
<ipython-input-50-42d44e8df85e> in <module>()
----> 1 sr(IP(dst="192.168.1.254")/TCP(dport=[21,22,23,80]))

The second script I’m sending packet to a domain:
a,b =sr(IP(dst="[url=http://www.danscourses.com/]www.danscourses.com[/url]")/TCP(sport=[RandShort()]*10))

<ipython-input-60-84b1eab0d90c> in <module>()
----> 1 a,b =sr(IP(dst="[url=http://www.danscourses.com/]www.danscourses.com[/url]")/TCP(sport=[RandShort()]*10))

Am I getting these errors I’m using a usb live persistence and not an Ethernet  ?
Thanks

No, I don't think the live usb has anything to do with it. So tbh I have no idea what you did wrong from what info you've given. I did the exact same thing you did on my Debian 10, python 3.7.3. I just did
Code:
from scapy.all import IP, sr, TCP

Then I did the same thing you did with no issue. Make sure you're not importing it right. If there's no issue there, try reinstalling scapy.
Thanks I’ll give it a try and let you know how I get on
(12-29-2020, 02:00 AM)DeepLogic Wrote: No, I don't think the live usb has anything to do with it. So tbh I have no idea what you did wrong from what info you've given. I did the exact same thing you did on my Debian 10, python 3.7.3. I just did
Code:

Then I did the same thing you did with no issue. Make sure you're not importing it right. If there's no issue there, try reinstalling scapy.

OK I tried from scapy.all import IP, sr, TCP and it worked like a charm Thanks for the suggestion, what’s puzzling me now is I rebooted my pc and I tried it the way I was getting issues with and now this way is working also, I haven’t reinstalled or anything don’t know what happened
(12-30-2020, 01:02 PM)FancyBear Wrote:
(12-29-2020, 02:00 AM)DeepLogic Wrote: No, I don't think the live usb has anything to do with it. So tbh I have no idea what you did wrong from what info you've given. I did the exact same thing you did on my Debian 10, python 3.7.3. I just did
Code:

OK I tried from scapy.all import IP, sr, TCP and it worked like a charm Thanks for the suggestion, what’s puzzling me now is I rebooted my pc and I tried it the way I was getting issues with and now this way is working also, I haven’t reinstalled or anything don’t know what happened

Scapy is kind of different than other python libraries lol. Glad you got it resolved.
(12-30-2020, 01:02 PM)FancyBear Wrote: OK I tried from scapy.all import IP, sr, TCP and it worked like a charm Thanks for the suggestion, what’s puzzling me now is I rebooted my pc and I tried it the way I was getting issues with and now this way is working also, I haven’t reinstalled or anything don’t know what happened

Sometimes it's just magic Smile I hear rebooting your PC solves 20% of all IT-problems haha.
(12-30-2020, 11:08 PM)Insider Wrote:
(12-30-2020, 01:02 PM)FancyBear Wrote: OK I tried from scapy.all import IP, sr, TCP and it worked like a charm Thanks for the suggestion, what’s puzzling me now is I rebooted my pc and I tried it the way I was getting issues with and now this way is working also, I haven’t reinstalled or anything don’t know what happened

Sometimes it's just magic Smile I hear rebooting your PC solves 20% of all IT-problems haha.

Lol that's true
(12-30-2020, 11:08 PM)Insider Wrote: Sometimes it's just magic Smile I hear rebooting your PC solves 20% of all IT-problems haha.
I remember a place I used to work The IT guys first response to any issue was to ask “Have you tried turning it off and turning it back on again  Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  primitive creature blindly using nmap, scapy, and wireshark neftis 0 1,364 04-14-2022, 04:30 PM
Last Post: neftis