Would you describe yourself as a law abiding or ethical hacker and if so how much?
Hello everyone,

I myself want to be an ethical hacker, although I'm sure we all have weird fantasies and a cantenna would be cool to build and I think if your at a school that tracks you I think we all know how that could potentially be misused. Even on clearnet hacker forums, I know for a fact certain people will admit to being a "black hat," "grey hat," or "white hat" hacker. Obviously, some script kiddy anon kid would not care about those labels. I am not yet a hacker, but since most of you hackers and non-hackers don't like the labels mentioned above, looking at individuality, how law-abiding and ethical would you say you are on a scale of 0 to 20, just so I can get a good measurement?

I also know for a fact that the vast majority (maybe not all) of the people who admit to this are telling the truth.

Obviously, no one is asking you to admit to specific crimes and I know you are not all bad people or even bad hackers just because legal does not equal ethical, but it would be nice to have a measurement of both in your view.

So,

legal = 0 to 20; same for ethical. thanks

Peace everyone.

Thanks for the info.

Best,

QMark

Messages In This Thread
Would you describe yourself as a law abiding or ethical hacker and if so how much? - by QMark - 05-11-2018, 11:44 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gracias mi amigos and amigas Shinobi_9T3 1 3,018 04-02-2021, 11:09 PM
Last Post: enmafia2
  Is it ever ethical to hack a personal friend or an enemy? QMark 11 18,086 01-26-2021, 11:48 PM
Last Post: Vector
  How did you find GreySec? Insider 17 28,729 01-20-2021, 01:54 AM
Last Post: Insider
  which would be better for a job in cyber security? QMark 6 11,143 09-01-2020, 05:19 AM
Last Post: QMark