Badly need seniors suggestion and help
Hello Everyone,
I'm totally noob on hacking, pogramming, networking,
I'm a graphic designer though. I have solid experience on photoshop but I want be an IT Expert. I want to be the best on decrypting or hacking anything.
I am researching and I can give as much as time needed on this fields.
I have huge interest.
But the problem is I dont know where to began. What should i start first.
i need help , I need suggestion
Please help me.
I feel like hoping around a puzzle, everytime i surface on DN. Cause i find so many useful topics but dont unterstand anything.
(05-10-2020, 01:27 PM)baldhead Wrote: Hello Everyone,
I'm totally noob on hacking, pogramming, networking,
I'm a graphic designer though. I have solid experience on photoshop but I want be an IT Expert. I want to be the best on decrypting or hacking anything.
I am researching and I can give as much as time needed on this fields.
I have huge interest.
But the problem is I dont know where to began. What should i start first.
i need help , I need suggestion
Please help me.
I feel like hoping around a puzzle, everytime i surface on DN. Cause i find so many useful topics but dont unterstand anything.

No worries that's totally normal, what are you most interested?
Hacking and IT are very broad topics so maybe if you can give more details I can point you better to resources or paths.
For decrypting you first need to know how encryption works. In my opinion, to start you can focus on:

- Symmetric-key algorithms -> e.g. AES
- Asymmetric algorithms -> RSA
- Pros and Cons of each one, and why Hybrid encryption is used in the wild
- See one example -> OpenPGP

If you are into coding you can use the python library pycryptodome which has great documentation and can help you create real life scenarios easily.

It's normal that a lot of things sound strange at first, just keep learning and discovering what you enjoy the most.
Good luck
I wrote a thread about this actually.

https://greysec.net/showthread.php?tid=6800
To learn Cryptography I recommend:
I have a thread about this in draft. I'll post later. But this will mostly just teach you about the basics of cryptography. If you want to learn something more advanced you probably have to brush up on your math. And read whitepapers and stuff on cryptography. I did study this in university, it's a really big topic.

P.S If your end goal is "decrypting" password then you're going about this the wrong way. Encrypted passwords in databases are not actually encryption. It's a oneway function called hashing. You can't decrypt it since there's no decryption key. You have to crack the password. I.e try calculating a whole bunch of password into a hash and keep trying until you get a hash that looks the same. Read more: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-way_function - https://hashcat.net/wiki/doku.php?id=hashcat

Also for your other question. Where to start hacking? There is no set start to start. See Dismals thread.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  what's the difference between an Ethernet address and a MAC address? QMark 6 867 07-20-2020, 08:30 PM
Last Post: QMark
  could someone help me access my netacad course? QMark 4 1,229 05-23-2020, 05:53 PM
Last Post: DeepLogic
  could someone help me fix Packet Tracer? QMark 1 700 05-23-2020, 04:50 PM
Last Post: Insider
  Help Skin Magnet 6 1,819 04-07-2020, 05:28 PM
Last Post: aelyks