GreySec Social thread.
(02-17-2021, 05:04 PM)Vector Wrote: Hey Enmafia. I just remembered, you were looking forward to reading my REMnux thread right? Well it's been up for a while in case you missed it.

https://greysec.net/showthread.php?tid=7360

At the moment i am working on my Data Center stuff. But in the not so distant future i plan on writing one for a customized Pentesting Distro as well. I have also been looking into Bootbuilder which is a software suite that allows for the easy construction of distros from scratch. It is especially useful for embedded device OS', so building a custom Distro for a Raspberry Pi is definitely on my list as well.

Obviously i will make the distro available for use in VM as well.

Hey that't cool! I sometime miss some threads as most of my GS visits are very short lived haha
About the embedded device OS, what are you actually looking for? There is https://intestinate.com/pilfs/ for the Pi.
I would say embedded is not as easy. Going down the rabbit hole of going from scratch can take a lot of time. Specially when you start going for something else than the standard.
I would personally take something like Debian which is available for most embedded devices and make scripts to add/remove stuff. It's the easier route if you ask me.
(02-18-2021, 07:57 PM)enmafia2 Wrote: Hey that't cool! I sometime miss some threads as most of my GS visits are very short lived haha
About the embedded device OS, what are you actually looking for? There is https://intestinate.com/pilfs/ for the Pi.
I would say embedded is not as easy. Going down the rabbit hole of going from scratch can take a lot of time. Specially when you start going for something else than the standard.
I would personally take something like Debian which is available for most embedded devices and make scripts to add/remove stuff. It's the easier route if you ask me.

First of all, thank you!

Secondly, easier, isn't specifically what i am looking for when trying to learn about new and interesting stuff. Of course with regards to my tutorial series, i will steadily increase the difficulty and the new threads will kind of build on the knowledge learned in the older threads.
(02-22-2021, 01:22 PM)Vector Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 07:57 PM)enmafia2 Wrote: Hey that't cool! I sometime miss some threads as most of my GS visits are very short lived haha

First of all, thank you!

Secondly, easier, isn't specifically what i am looking for when trying to learn about new and interesting stuff. Of course with regards to my tutorial series, i will steadily increase the difficulty and the new threads will kind of build on the knowledge learned in the older threads.

Awesome that's cool, I was just stating that it might be more than an afternoon project even if it doesn't sound like it Big Grin
(02-22-2021, 05:55 PM)enmafia2 Wrote:
(02-22-2021, 01:22 PM)Vector Wrote:

First of all, thank you!

Awesome that's cool, I was just stating that it might be more than an afternoon project even if it doesn't sound like it Big Grin

Haha Big Grin  these days all my projects are more than an afternoon of work.
Guess who's back? Well i never really left i have just been super busy with my work and research. Still am actually, but i figured i would drop in and say hi to all my GS friends.

I appreciate you guys <3
It really overwhelming to see you guys back here at your home.
welcome back and enjoy.
(06-29-2021, 08:54 AM)Vector Wrote: Guess who's back? Well i never really left i have just been super busy with my work and research. Still am actually, but i figured i would drop in and say hi to all my GS friends.

I appreciate you guys <3

Glad to have you back Smile I've been kind of on a hiatus as well. Been traveling myself.
Forum Spammers lack the talent to provide value to skilled BH Enterprises.

Sure they may write a bot, but you're basically a Yehova's witness spreading 'the good word' of your paymasters. Lol, data brokers are pretty lame. The ones that just buy and resell DBs at least. Selling 0days is a different story.

but spammers are the worst.

I am  thinking of starting a concerted effort to systematically go after spammers until they are rooted and doxed. Well with regards to the spammers that ply their low skill, low effort 'trade' here. Like those CC fucks. If i need CC, i bet i'll have 10 before you write a single line of code for your spambot. And with you i mean people that feel the need to spam here at GS.

Perhaps i'll just do extensive recon and drop all relevant information regarding said spammers somewhere in public, places like /baphomet/ maybe.

It would be entertaining if nothing else.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How did you find GreySec? Insider 24 49,541 11-23-2021, 07:03 PM
Last Post: Agonal
  GreySec Communication Channels (IRC.. etc) Insider 18 61,998 03-27-2021, 08:12 AM
Last Post: KattStof
  GreySec Scraper Tool Release DeepLogic 4 13,315 06-09-2020, 12:20 AM
Last Post: Insider
  GreySec Forum Statistics (Full Stats) DeepLogic 7 16,292 06-02-2020, 11:15 AM
Last Post: Insider