IRC
Just a quick note :
We got an IRC, well atm we have very few active members there (me and Muddy lol), which means it's quite dead, but considering how cool it is (IM powa !) I just wanted to give you guys a refresher in case you forgot about it, would be great to see more peeps around and if no one's talking (which will usually be the case), don't be afraid of pinging us / starting a conversation !

Server adress : irc.rizon.net
ports: 6667
SSL port: 6697
Our beloved channel : #greysec.net
(06-30-2016, 10:50 PM)Jake Wrote: Just a quick note :
We got an IRC, well atm we have very few active members there (me and Muddy lol), which means it's quite dead, but considering how cool it is (IM powa !) I just wanted to give you guys a refresher in case you forgot about it, would be great to see more peeps around and if no one's talking (which will usually be the case), don't be afraid of pinging us / starting a conversation !

Server adress : irc.rizon.net
ports: 6667
SSL port: 6697
Our beloved channel : #greysec.net

Maybe Insider can grant some @'s to the people hanging there Wink
(07-01-2016, 07:00 AM)illmanors Wrote: Maybe Insider can grant some @'s to the people hanging there Wink

I think I had Op there at one point... not sure though... but it would have expired - i was having issues with my bouncer/irc client for quite a while... i think my account expired.

but i don't really see how that would affect the activity of the channel, unless it was being driven down by people being dicks.
(07-04-2016, 03:42 PM)MuddyBucket Wrote: I think I had Op there at one point... not sure though... but it would have expired - i was having issues with my bouncer/irc client for quite a while... i think my account expired.

but i don't really see how that would affect the activity of the channel, unless it was being driven down by people being dicks.

Right now I'm away traveling, but I'll be definetlty try to make a change. Starting with myself of course, and yes you had OP, as well as NO-OP and Chmod both whom are inactive at the moment. If I remember correctly I could not give you OP ever since changing nickd because the nicks were not registered.

But the way I see it, a lot of people get discouraged to join since Rizon disallow the use of Tor, vpns and such. So I'm considering to move to a new more privacy friendly network soon. And of course promote the IRC more to encourage more people to join.
(07-04-2016, 04:18 PM)Insider Wrote:
(07-04-2016, 03:42 PM)MuddyBucket Wrote: I think I had Op there at one point... not sure though... but it would have expired - i was having issues with my bouncer/irc client for quite a while... i think my account expired.

and yes you had OP, as well as NO-OP and Chmod both whom are inactive at the moment. If I remember correctly I could not give you OP ever since changing nickd because the nicks were not registered.

Sounds like you both said i had op, and didn't have op, at the same time... lol

but im pretty sure you had me register an account. I had MuddyBucket creds stored in my irc client - but now returns an error saying nick isn't registered. i checked and Rizon has a 90 day expiry on nicks... so i think the nick expired lol
Well shucks it seems like my OP was taken away, then again I haven't touched IRC in a large handful of months. Also, it is a shame to see rizon going away from being privacy friendly.

Side note: I am alive. Been travelling the world. I have steady internet for the first time in a long time. Good times.
(07-15-2016, 08:09 AM)NO-OP Wrote: Well shucks it seems like my OP was taken away, then again I haven't touched IRC in a large handful of months.  Also, it is a shame to see rizon going away from being privacy friendly.

Side note: I am alive.  Been travelling the world.  I have steady internet for the first time in a long time.  Good times.

I don't remember ever taking away your position. So I'm not sure why, maybe your nick expired? If you'd like your position reinstated then let me know Smile
(07-15-2016, 08:09 AM)NO-OP Wrote: Well shucks it seems like my OP was taken away, then again I haven't touched IRC in a large handful of months. Also, it is a shame to see rizon going away from being privacy friendly.

Side note: I am alive. Been travelling the world. I have steady internet for the first time in a long time. Good times.

On Rizon you need to login with your nick every 90 days to retain your account. If the account expires than so do your channel permissions Wink And im pretty sure i havent seen you in a lot longer than 90 days lol.
(07-15-2016, 03:14 PM)MuddyBucket Wrote:
(07-15-2016, 08:09 AM)NO-OP Wrote: Well shucks it seems like my OP was taken away, then again I haven't touched IRC in a large handful of months.  Also, it is a shame to see rizon going away from being privacy friendly.

Side note: I am alive.  Been travelling the world.  I have steady internet for the first time in a long time.  Good times.

On Rizon you need to login with your nick every 90 days to retain your account. If the account expires than so do your channel permissions Wink And im pretty sure i havent seen you in a lot longer than 90 days lol.

I did go onto the irc last week I think :p But yeah, I should go online more often.

Edit: For some reason I thought that reply was for me o.0 No idea why, disregard what I just said.
(07-15-2016, 03:14 PM)MuddyBucket Wrote:

Ah I didn't know that explains why some of my nicks have died. Thanks for the info

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GreySec Communication Channels (IRC.. etc) Insider 15 19,591 03-27-2020, 12:21 AM
Last Post: Insider
  IRC is still up? TheD0ctor 5 4,913 09-05-2018, 05:16 PM
Last Post: TheD0ctor