Poll: What do you look for on GreySec?(Multiple choice allowed)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Network Security
12.73%
7 12.73%
Web App Security
12.73%
7 12.73%
General & OS security
12.73%
7 12.73%
Offensive Programming
12.73%
7 12.73%
Defensive Security
9.09%
5 9.09%
Operational Security
10.91%
6 10.91%
Malware(Analysis & Dev)
5.45%
3 5.45%
Crypto & Stegano
10.91%
6 10.91%
Reverse Engineering
7.27%
4 7.27%
Trading(Database & Tools)
5.45%
3 5.45%
Total 55 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What kind of threads do you generally look for on Greysec?
So i am wondering what the Greysec crowd generally looks for when they browse the forums. Maybe if we can get enough answers with a poll we can try to post more threads like that to liven the place up a little. Just a thought.
-ignore this post-

removed because insider can't have me posting this
What I look for:
Operational security, cryto & web application security. Since those are the three topics that interests me the most.

However speaking about what "needs" more posts it is probably network security and cryptography. Just looking at those sections, they have relatively small amount of posts and activity compared to the rest of the forum.

Hence why I checked all of those.

(08-14-2016, 11:42 PM)Vibes Wrote: I usually look around for credit card fraud threads in the private lounge when I come here (which is usually every couple of days). Usually it's the same but when somethings posted it's usually really interesting and not widely known.

Private lounge, allowed carding? What are you on about? :p Whatever you're smoking I want it too.
(08-15-2016, 07:25 AM)Insider Wrote: What I look for:
Operational security, cryto & web application security. Since those are the three topics that interests me the most.

However speaking about what "needs" more posts it is probably network security and cryptography. Just looking at those sections, they have relatively small amount of posts and activity compared to the rest of the forum.

Hence why I checked all of those.

(08-14-2016, 11:42 PM)Vibes Wrote: I usually look around for credit card fraud threads in the private lounge when I come here (which is usually every couple of days). Usually it's the same but when somethings posted it's usually really interesting and not widely known.

Private lounge, allowed carding? What are you on about? :p Whatever you're smoking I want it too.

I guess Vibes is confusing greysec with evilzone :p On the subject of what the forum needs though i think it would be prudent to take into regard what is considered to be popular subjects together with the areas that have little activity. For instance, Crypto might not have a lot of threads, is this because there is a general lack of interest in the subject or that we have too little members? I think it's best to take the average amount of threads we have distributed throughout all the forums and compare that to the amount in forums like the crypto forum. If the average number of threads is higher than that in the crypto forum it would be safe to assume that it's a less popular subject than some others.

As such i don't think it would be particularly useful to just write a bunch of threads to fill up the place if interest is generally low. What i'm trying to say is, we should focus on the areas where there is demand for more activity to establish a more interactive and organic forum experience.
Nor sure if i put a time limit on this poll, but in case i didn't i'd like to see more people voting and sharing their thoughts, in the spirit of improving the community and forum in general.
Missing a section on binary exploitation/exploit development. Doesn't come up much but its what I keep an eye on.
(09-15-2016, 03:31 PM)dropzone Wrote: Missing a section on binary exploitation/exploit development. Doesn't come up much but its what I keep an eye on.

Good point, i would add it in but the limit on the poll is 10 answers. I suppose we'll have to file it under 'other' for now.
Do we have a 0day exploit section I would love that.
(09-16-2016, 12:44 AM)Mr.Masked Wrote: Do we have a 0day exploit section I would love that.

Use some common sense please.

Why would people post 0days on a public forum. That guarantees they won't be 0days for very long.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How did you find GreySec? Insider 37 59,571 01-20-2022, 10:26 PM
Last Post: Insider
  They kicked me out of my CCNA exam. How are you? QMark 1 4,924 10-02-2021, 06:41 AM
Last Post: Vector
  GreySec Social thread. Vector 207 508,409 09-01-2021, 07:58 AM
  Quick Reminder concerning threads of exceptional quality. Vector 6 10,370 07-20-2021, 08:10 PM