Side Project: TorWorld | FastRelay
Hello GS Devs,

I wanted to add TorWorlds first project in here as well called FastRelay.
So far the script is suppose to make it much easier to do deployment of Tor Relay Nodes.
I'm trying to make it fully automated with even dynamic user input.
If anyone would like to help with this project please let me know.
So far we support Debian/Jessie, Debian/Wheezy, Ubuntu/Xenial, Ubuntu/Trusty, Ubuntu/Precise.
Debian/Sid was just too unstable, and the kernel actually dropped a handful of times, and just died.

https://github.com/torworld/fastrelay

I've added the github up above if you're interested in it.
Note: FastRelay is still in Alpha mode. So be easy on her.
Update:
We've just updated FastRelay.
Now it's just one script for all supported OS's.
Take a look at version 0.0.2 Alpha sometime.
thanks for your work Smile

from what I've seen in the script it's just a normal node (no exit). If I would host one myself, the traffic would flow trough me, means I wouldn't get in trouble if my ISP is not allowing it?
(10-08-2016, 09:27 AM)urgp Wrote: thanks for your work Smile

from what I've seen in the script it's just a normal node (no exit). If I would host one myself, the traffic would flow trough me, means I wouldn't get in trouble if my ISP is not allowing it?

Correct. This script only allows it to be configured as a relay. So no exit policy allowed. You're server/IP might not get or be a priority for people to direct abuse notices too. But I've heard of people still getting notices of abuse of service etc. So far we haven't had any letters or anything. Best way to do business; let your ISP or hosting provider know what you're wanting to do with the server, and see how they feel about it. Hope that clears somethings up.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Project Proposal DeepLogic 12 309,515 11-02-2020, 09:07 PM
Last Post: Xalium
  TorWorld Contribution Reward beard 0 190,252 10-23-2016, 03:39 PM
Last Post: beard
  Side Project: TorWorld | FastExit beard 2 195,387 10-22-2016, 01:10 AM
Last Post: beard