My New Ubuntu Install!
Spoiler(Show)
[Image: c91042fe4dee7d269eb213e76194871c.png]

Just installed about 3 programs. And no this isn't a VM nor my first time using Ubuntu or any other version of Linux.
ok fine but what's the purpose of this thread ?
(06-14-2015, 06:52 PM)Luffy-_- Wrote: ok fine but what's the purpose of this thread ?

;-; Just thought I would share it. Maybe someone would give me some good software. Tongue
ok now it sounds better Smile what kind of software you need ? i'm using linux now for around 3 months and i might be able to help you Big Grin
(06-14-2015, 08:42 PM)Luffy-_- Wrote: ok now it sounds better Smile what kind of software you need ? i'm using linux now for around 3 months and i might be able to help you Big Grin

I don't know, just random ideas Tongue
Ubuntu has a fantastic forum, where you could find almost everything you need , a lot of solutions to the various problems that you could encounter and many people ready to help you.
About the distro itself, personally I hate Unity, it's too confused and messed up, I prefer MATE or KDE , but this is up to you.
The support is amazing , you can find a lot of repositories for various version of Ubuntu and pre compiled packages ready to be installed , in other words the switch from windows to Ubuntu is less shocking than with other distros.
Same thing for the drivers, Ubuntu is widely supported .
Fot the software just ask, if you need something specific or just something to pump your distro up Wink

Not sure if they work with unity, but there are some really cool dockbars :
try to search for Advanced Windows Navigator (AWN) and Cairo-Dock, and if you want to add desktop effects try compiz.
Video Player: SMPlayer
Music Player: Banshee
Photo Management: digiKam
Instant Messaging: Pidgin
Web Browser: Google Chrome
PDF Viewer: Okular
Terminal Emulator: Terminator
Virtualization: VirtualBox
System Tweaker: Ubuntu Tweak
BitTorrent Client: Deluge
File Archive Utility: PeaZip
Disc Burning: K3b
Screen Capture: Shutter
Programming Text Editor: Kate or Geany
FTP: FileZilla
Download Manager: FlareGet

those apps are what i have in mind at the moment Smile
hope it will be helpful
Check out the paranoid linux security guide, secure your stuff :) http://crunchbang.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=24722
(06-15-2015, 12:28 PM)Luffy-_- Wrote: Video Player: SMPlayer
Music Player: Banshee
Photo Management: digiKam
Instant Messaging: Pidgin
Web Browser: Google Chrome
PDF Viewer: Okular
Terminal Emulator: Terminator
Virtualization: VirtualBox
System Tweaker: Ubuntu Tweak
BitTorrent Client: Deluge
File Archive Utility: PeaZip
Disc Burning: K3b
Screen Capture: Shutter
Programming Text Editor: Kate or Geany
FTP: FileZilla
Download Manager: FlareGet

those apps are what i have in mind at the moment Smile
hope it will be helpful

Thanks, installed about half of those Smile

(06-15-2015, 04:24 PM)Insider Wrote: Check out the paranoid linux security guide, secure your stuff Smile http://crunchbang.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=24722

Checking that out now

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  can someone explain this Ubuntu error? QMark 4 5,863 09-27-2018, 02:19 AM
Last Post: cyb3rp0rk
  [Help] "BootMGR is missing" after Debian 9 Install system32 4 6,295 07-22-2018, 08:03 PM
Last Post: system32
  [Tutorial] How To: Install Debian 9 (Stretch) system32 0 4,847 07-22-2018, 07:59 PM
Last Post: system32