GreySec Social thread.
(09-29-2017, 05:16 PM)Insider Wrote:
(08-22-2017, 06:56 PM)Vector Wrote: Heyoo toasting in a social bread. Either all our members are boring people or such nerds they even have bad social skills on the internet, which would explain the lack of activity in this thread. Lol.

Just kidding. I'm wondering though does the majority of people simply treat the site as a reference guide to be consulted whenever particular knowledge is required or do people consider it a community. Well i know how i feel about it. Tell me your thoughts.

By the way, ya'll should check out my blog if you'll forgive the shameless self-promotion. I bet you'd like it. Leave a like, subscribe and support me on patreon. I don't actually have patreon but i guess i could get one if you'd feel like giving me money, or something, i don't know. Maybe?

*Honk* I'll be here all day.

Something a friend and member from around here once told me a while ago. As an outside perspective on it all. GreySec has became bit of a resource hub for people. People get in, get what they need, and then get out. There's so much good info! Which I don't mind at all, I would never put in hide restrictions. Information is free.

What I need to do is to put into more incentives them to stay and go into to discussion. Like ego-boosts that most forums have. Of course got to keep it balanced.

I will consider some measures for this in the future.

That's actually true, but please don't make this HF 2.0
Probably achievements would be a common and good idea, but still, I wouldn't like seeing a lot of people posting non-sense posts just to get their post count up.
(09-30-2017, 06:31 AM)enmafia2 Wrote:
(08-22-2017, 06:56 PM)Vector Wrote: Heyoo toasting in a social bread. Either all our members are boring people or such nerds they even have bad social skills on the internet, which would explain the lack of activity in this thread. Lol.

Just kidding. I'm wondering though does the majority of people simply treat the site as a reference guide to be consulted whenever particular knowledge is required or do people consider it a community. Well i know how i feel about it. Tell me your thoughts.

By the way, ya'll should check out my blog if you'll forgive the shameless self-promotion. I bet you'd like it. Leave a like, subscribe and support me on patreon. I don't actually have patreon but i guess i could get one if you'd feel like giving me money, or something, i don't know. Maybe?

Something a friend and member from around here once told me a while ago. As an outside perspective on it all. GreySec has became bit of a resource hub for people. People get in, get what they need, and then get out. There's so much good info! Which I don't mind at all, I would never put in hide restrictions. Information is free.

What I need to do is to put into more incentives them to stay and go into to discussion. Like ego-boosts that most forums have. Of course got to keep it balanced.

Probably achievements would be a common and good idea, but still, I wouldn't like seeing a lot of people posting non-sense posts just to get their post count up.

Would rather put the forum down or make it private than to see it become HF 2.0 :p Gotta keep it balanced. I like some stuff Hacksociety had. Although I will aways put more emphasis on contributions to the forum rather than post count. That in itself will wake some posts, but quality posts.

Fuck all this shit like "Top poster, make 100 posts, make 2000 posts " get reward etc. Will never get stuff like that.
(09-30-2017, 07:03 AM)Insider Wrote:
(09-30-2017, 06:31 AM)enmafia2 Wrote:

Would rather put the forum down or make it private than to see it become HF 2.0 :p Gotta keep it balanced. I like some stuff Hacksociety had. Although I will aways put more emphasis on contributions to the forum rather than post count. That in itself will wake some posts, but quality posts.

Fuck all this shit like "Top poster, make 100 posts, make 2000 posts " get reward etc. Will never get stuff like that.

Nice to hear that. I was not talking about implementing rewards for posting random things to get post count but getting kudos for good posts or something...
Imagine that there's a thread with someone asking something: my idea is that op and other users "upvote" the best answers.
Kind of like a money system but you only get points by getting voted or something  Big Grin

Sorry if you didn't understand shit, I am tipsy at the moment lol
(09-30-2017, 05:19 PM)enmafia2 Wrote: Nice to hear that. I was not talking about implementing rewards for posting random things to get post count but getting kudos for good posts or something...
Imagine that there's a thread with someone asking something: my idea is that op and other users "upvote" the best answers.
Kind of like a money system but you only get points by getting voted or something  Big Grin

Sorry if you didn't understand shit, I am tipsy at the moment lol

I hear you. I would rather avoid an upvote system, as it can be easily abused for the wrong purposes. Example: Reddit. But I get the gist  of it Smile I do plan to bring back the thanks/kudo points eventually. However display it as a quality ration. For example: 1000 posts but only 10 likes is worse than 50 posts with 40 likes.

But now that I think about it... lol yeah I'm going to brainstorm more about it. Too tired to think at the moment.

___

Ontopic: Offtopic :p

Anyone going to watch the new Bladerunner? I'm excited. Just saw the three short stories "movies". Between 8-15 min segments on youtube, one of them is animated by cowboy bebop director.

Not yet seen the original bladerunner yet though. Plan to watch the "Final cut" soon enough, maybe next week.
Sorry about my inactivity lately. Been busy with different activites. I`m traveling atm. It will be business as usual next week.

Happy to see all these new members on here! Actually posting too :p Keep it up! You are what makes this forum great.
Ok so my machine broke which sucks several bags of dicks i had to dig out the old laptop and put a new OS on it. Which turned out pretty good actually because now i have the chance to test Backbox 5. But anyway. I store my passwords that are too complex too remember in an encrypted file on my SSD which is in the rig that broke. This includes the PW for Twitter and my e-mail so i am effectively locked out of Twitter. But luckily i memorized my Github password so that's good but all my projects that i was working on that are not finished yet are on my other SSD as well. I;m not poor but if/when i want to buy a new computer i would like to buy a good one that will last me a couple years. Since i currently don't have that kind of money i think i might take it to the shop. Full disk encryption will keep all my nefarious dealings under wraps i am pretty sure.

I think the issue has to do with the mobo or at least the ATX 12v connector. But i ain't no hardware guy. I have tried switching out PSU's but the thing just won't start which is where my suspicion comes from.

Anyway, i will be using this hacktop for a while, or at least until i figure this out. Someone be a dear and post a little recap of this to Twitter for me.

Also, i am not sure whether i remember my XMPP passwords so i will see, or maybe not see you on there for a while. In any event, i haven't dissapeared or been vanned(Yet) so that's good at least.

Love,

Vector

*Posted from my shitty hacktop*
(10-29-2017, 09:19 AM)Insider Wrote: Sorry about my inactivity lately. Been busy with different activites. I`m traveling atm. It will be business as usual next week.

Happy to see all these new members on here! Actually posting too :p Keep it up! You are what makes this forum great.

Yeah a lot of newcomers Tongue
Have fun man! Be safe  Angel

(10-29-2017, 05:06 PM)Vector Wrote: Ok so my machine broke which sucks several bags of dicks i had to dig out the old laptop and put a new OS on it. Which turned out pretty good actually because now i have the chance to test Backbox 5. 

Well, it's nice to be optimistic haha

(10-29-2017, 05:06 PM)Vector Wrote: But anyway. I store my passwords that are too complex too remember in an encrypted file on my SSD which is in the rig that broke. This includes the PW for Twitter and my e-mail so i am effectively locked out of Twitter. But luckily i memorized my Github password so that's good but all my projects that i was working on that are not finished yet are on my other SSD as well. 

Well, that sucks... don't you have any way of recovering the password? With email or something?
And also, I never tried any recovery tips but you can find a lot of them on the internet, maybe you should give it a shot.

(10-29-2017, 05:06 PM)Vector Wrote: I;m not poor but if/when i want to buy a new computer i would like to buy a good one that will last me a couple years. Since i currently don't have that kind of money i think i might take it to the shop. Full disk encryption will keep all my nefarious dealings under wraps i am pretty sure.

I think the issue has to do with the mobo or at least the ATX 12v connector. But i ain't no hardware guy. I have tried switching out PSU's but the thing just won't start which is where my suspicion comes from.

But what happened to your computer? Maybe you can try connecting your ssd to other computer and maybe it works (?)

(10-29-2017, 05:06 PM)Vector Wrote: Anyway, i will be using this hacktop for a while, or at least until i figure this out. Someone be a dear and post a little recap of this to Twitter for me.

Also, i am not sure whether i remember my XMPP passwords so i will see, or maybe not see you on there for a while. In any event, i haven't dissapeared or been vanned(Yet) so that's good at least.

Love,

Vector

*Posted from my shitty hacktop*

I would, but I don't use twitter anymore, deleted my account and someone created one with my @ so I am too lazy to do something about it.
Good luck with your pc man, hope you fix the issue soon.
Yeah me too, also i think i linked my password recovery for my primary e-mail to an e-mail address that no longer exists. Eh... (-_-") I'll look into it. Also lol, gone for a couple days and i already had some tickets to respond to on Github. Nothing serious and all resolved, i just thought it was funny i would actually get backlogged with resolving issues on my GH projects. It doesn't help Kitploit basically took my entire repo list and republished it to their site recently. Oh well.
Hello cuties, how is everyone doing?
(11-17-2017, 05:24 PM)Kyaa Wrote: Hello cuties, how is everyone doing?

Life sucks. But I'll make the best of it tonight. Got snacks and drinks. Maybe I'll watch a good movie or something.

How you doing?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How did you find GreySec? Insider 18 40,784 10-15-2021, 08:27 AM
Last Post: Majin-Buu
  GreySec Communication Channels (IRC.. etc) Insider 18 57,633 03-27-2021, 08:12 AM
Last Post: KattStof
  GreySec Scraper Tool Release DeepLogic 4 12,255 06-09-2020, 12:20 AM
Last Post: Insider
  GreySec Forum Statistics (Full Stats) DeepLogic 7 14,981 06-02-2020, 11:15 AM
Last Post: Insider