GreySec Social thread.
(05-06-2017, 06:52 AM)enmafia2 Wrote: Followed you and cypher Tongue
I'm not a big fan of twitter so don's expect much activity from my end.

Have a nice day Smile

Twitter is pretty neat in my opinion. It's good for networking. Getting to know people in the industry and such as well as researchers. There are a lot of people that have blogs too and they usually post updates to their Twitter account, InfoSec news gets posted there as well and there are a number of tool repositories that use Twitter to keep everyone up to date on the latest security programs. Just try to steer clear from most of the "Anonymous" related accounts they don't contribute anything other than drama on a good day and most of them are unskilled.

The rest of the InfoSec people are really knowledgeable in my experience, helpful as well. Personally since i like to write tools i post about what i am working on to twitter, and resources i come across or find interesting.
(05-11-2017, 07:51 AM)Vector Wrote:
(05-06-2017, 06:52 AM)enmafia2 Wrote: Followed you and cypher Tongue
I'm not a big fan of twitter so don's expect much activity from my end.

Have a nice day Smile

Twitter is pretty neat in my opinion. It's good for networking. Getting to know people in the industry and such as well as researchers. There are a lot of people that have blogs too and they usually post updates to their Twitter account, InfoSec news gets posted there as well and there are a number of tool repositories that use Twitter to keep everyone up to date on the latest security programs. Just try to steer clear from most of the "Anonymous" related accounts they don't contribute anything other than drama on a good day and most of them are unskilled.

The rest of the InfoSec people are really knowledgeable in my experience, helpful as well. Personally since i like to write tools i post about what i am working on to twitter, and resources i come across or find interesting.

There is a lot of good users, you're right. But my twitter feed is fucked, too much shit...
I probably need to make a cleanup, too lazy tho

How are you guys doing today?  Cool
Almost friday, any plans you have for this weekend?
(05-11-2017, 02:45 PM)enmafia2 Wrote: There is a lot of good users, you're right. But my twitter feed is fucked, too much shit...
I probably need to make a cleanup, too lazy tho

How are you guys doing today?  Cool

I'm doing alright. Currently reading a book on php security. I really need to touch up more on my php and sql knowledge, transition from beginner to actually be able to do more stuff for GreySec :p
(05-11-2017, 02:45 PM)enmafia2 Wrote: How are you guys doing today?  Cool

I went to some social function over the weekend. It was ok, now i'm just here being bored but too lazy to do anything productive in the mean time. You had a good weekend?
(05-15-2017, 03:49 PM)Vector Wrote:

I went to some social function over the weekend. It was ok, now i'm just here being bored but too lazy to do anything productive in the mean time. You had a good weekend?

I had a great weekend. Had some projects and tasks to hand in so I had to work on them but in general It was great!
Btw are the quotes broken? They appear broken to me  Huh
(05-15-2017, 04:07 PM)enmafia2 Wrote:
(05-15-2017, 03:49 PM)Vector Wrote:

I had a great weekend. Had some projects and tasks to hand in so I had to work on them but in general It was great!
Btw are the quotes broken? They appear broken to me  Huh

Quotes appear to be working fine for me. And i am glad you had a good weekend. Were your projects IT related?

Also i know this is the social thread so i probably shouldn't talk shop too much but pride is my greatest sin and i feel compelled to post that my Mimir tool is now included in OSINT-Framework.

https://github.com/lockfale/OSINT-Framew...12a5172356

https://github.com/lockfale/OSINT-Framework

https://osintframework.com

Also, KitPloit and SecLists have graced me with an endorsement/feature. But if there is one thing i have come to learn about tool repos is that they exist by virtue of all the programmers out there and actually get more glory for it than the programmers often do. And i don't mean just myself, but eh who am i to complain it's kind of a symbiotic relationship. InfoSec coders make tools -> tool repos post about it -> more content for repos and more exposure to the coders. It's mutually beneficial at the end of the day.
By the way, would anyone be interested in a "code review" thread? Like you'd post your code to be reviewed by the other programmers on the forum, in order to offer constructive criticism, pointers and tips that sort of thing? Maybe you are even interested in reviewing someone else's code. I think it'd be a nice idea to drop some code on the forum and collaboratively improve each others work. It would be a great learning experience, i'd say. But before i make a thread i'd like to know if there is any demand for such a thing.
(05-17-2017, 08:53 PM)Vector Wrote: By the way, would anyone be interested in a "code review" thread? Like you'd post your code to be reviewed by the other programmers on the forum, in order to offer constructive criticism, pointers and tips that sort of thing? Maybe you are even interested in reviewing someone else's code. I think it'd be a nice idea to drop some code on the forum and collaboratively improve each others work. It would be a great learning experience, i'd say. But before i make a thread i'd like to know if there is any demand for such a thing.

I would be interested in that.
(05-18-2017, 03:11 AM)lunorian Wrote:
(05-17-2017, 08:53 PM)Vector Wrote: By the way, would anyone be interested in a "code review" thread? Like you'd post your code to be reviewed by the other programmers on the forum, in order to offer constructive criticism, pointers and tips that sort of thing? Maybe you are even interested in reviewing someone else's code. I think it'd be a nice idea to drop some code on the forum and collaboratively improve each others work. It would be a great learning experience, i'd say. But before i make a thread i'd like to know if there is any demand for such a thing.

Me too, preferably there'd be a couple more users than just teh two of us. Also, welcome to GS Devs Smile
(05-18-2017, 03:19 AM)Vector Wrote:
(05-18-2017, 03:11 AM)lunorian Wrote:

Me too, preferably there'd be a couple more users than just teh two of us. Also, welcome to GS Devs Smile

Add me to the list, however I'm probably not a good person to give advices about coding lol

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How did you find GreySec? Insider 14 8,717 08-30-2020, 01:32 PM
Last Post: Sorry
  GreySec Communication Channels (IRC.. etc) Insider 17 25,967 08-09-2020, 09:59 PM
Last Post: Insider
  GreySec Scraper Tool Release DeepLogic 4 3,764 06-09-2020, 12:20 AM
  GreySec Forum Statistics (Full Stats) DeepLogic 7 4,319 06-02-2020, 11:15 AM