[eBook + Lectures] Understanding Cryptography
Understanding Cryptography - A Textbook for Students and Practitioners

[Image: 1006.jpg]

This book is all about cryptography. I suggest using it along with the lectures by Christof Paar, co-author of this book.
I do recall there being a mistake somewhere in this eBook which was non-existent in the printed copy I own, most likely because this is an older issue. Nevertheless, it's a great read, especially in combination with the lectures. You've just got to get used to his accent. Wink

This actually seems like a really good way of approaching an introductory learning of cryptography. I am expecting to do a course on cryptography in the next 2 or 3 years, but this might be worth watching just for fun. An episode/chapter a night never hurt anyone. (I talk like I have free time in my schedule... hah)

Are you learning about cryptography for school or personal interest?
I usually watch videos at double the speed, and if I don't get something at that pace, I just slow it down for a moment. Saves quite a bit of time. And you can skip the first couple of lectures if you have some basic knowledge of cryptography.

For both, actually. The former because of the latter. Smile
(03-13-2017, 09:50 AM)ptales Wrote: I usually watch videos at double the speed, and if I don't get something at that pace, I just slow it down for a moment. Saves quite a bit of time. And you can skip the first couple of lectures if you have some basic knowledge of cryptography.

For both, actually. The former because of the latter. Smile

I actually watch videos at double speed as well, mainly to save time. If you watch it at double speed, you are more likely to pay close attention too. It is nice to see you embracing what you are learning at school!

I won't use these resources quite yet, but I actually ended up watching this series of introductory cryptography videos: https://greysec.net/showthread.php?tid=378

Totally worth sitting down for an hour to listen. Very simplified.
I feel you. Since I started watching videos at double speed, I can't stand watching them at regular speed anymore. I absolutely feel like I need to get the most out of my time, haha. Maybe we should start a thread on maximizing productivity. ;D

Unfortunately, I haven't really got the spare time to watch that series right now, but I do appreciate the link. Maybe I'll get back to it sometime when I'm not quite as busy.

/Don't want to make an unnecessary post, so I'll just edit this one for clarity's sake: PM'd you! Smile
(03-13-2017, 08:23 PM)ptales Wrote: I feel you. Since I started watching videos at double speed, I can't stand watching them at regular speed anymore. I absolutely feel like I need to get the most out of my time, haha. Maybe we should start a thread on maximizing productivity. ;D

Unfortunately, I haven't really got the spare time to watch that series right now, but I do appreciate the link. Maybe I'll get back to it sometime when I'm not quite as busy.

Yep. It's like this for any lecture videos for me. I can totally relate.

Honestly, a thread on maximizing productivity would actually be pretty nice to see around here. You should make one! PM me if you want to brainstorm ideas, or add me on XMPP for encrypted IM at cypher@greysec.net!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Ebook] The code book: How to break it Insider 0 7,327 12-18-2020, 02:54 AM
Last Post: Insider
  Free cryptography course (Online, Stanford) Insider 0 7,158 12-18-2020, 02:25 AM
  Post-quantum cryptography – dealing with the fallout of physics success [Whitepaper] Cypher 1 15,488 05-28-2017, 06:40 PM
  Cryptography Tutorials [Videos] Insider 0 14,123 08-02-2015, 08:00 PM