Guide to General Hacking
(09-14-2016, 12:01 AM)enoch_root Wrote: Many thanks for this NO-OP

(01-31-2016, 10:21 AM)NO-OP Wrote:
(01-30-2016, 02:16 AM)Beau Wrote: Wow, I know this is an old thread, but I really enjoyed reading it. I read all of it and loved it. Thanks NO-OP for sharing this high quality post!

Thank you, it was a lot of fun to write and it's a great way of kick starting an interest in most major forms of exploitation/hacking.  I also got to learn a little bit more about the sections that I'm not  proficient in so it was a learning experience for me too.

No problem I hope you learned something from it or discovered something new for yourself!
Yes definitely always good to learn something new.
I think that in the field of InfoSec as with IT in general it's like trying to eat one a huge pizza by yourself.... you have to decide where to start, and take one bite (byte?) at a time. Also in many cases be aware that the knowledge is so vast it's not possible to know everything in depth so to decide which areas to focus on.

When concepts are explained very clearly and concisely with examples like this it certainly reinforces knowledge picked up from any textbook. Links to other resources always good too as there are so many available it's good to know which ones experienced members of the forum have found useful.

Thanks again.

(09-14-2016, 04:36 AM)NO-OP Wrote:
(09-14-2016, 12:01 AM)enoch_root Wrote: Many thanks for this NO-OP

(01-31-2016, 10:21 AM)NO-OP Wrote:
(01-30-2016, 02:16 AM)Beau Wrote: Wow, I know this is an old thread, but I really enjoyed reading it. I read all of it and loved it. Thanks NO-OP for sharing this high quality post!

Thank you, it was a lot of fun to write and it's a great way of kick starting an interest in most major forms of exploitation/hacking.  I also got to learn a little bit more about the sections that I'm not  proficient in so it was a learning experience for me too.

No problem I hope you learned something from it or discovered something new for yourself!
This deserves a sticky, I forgot all about this thread Tongue Thanks for bringing it up again.
Good for the newbie and refresher for the junior's alike. Nice
@NO-OP did you compile all of this information yourself or source it from another site?
(12-13-2017, 12:30 AM)quantum Wrote: @NO-OP did you compile all of this information yourself or source it from another site?

Doesn't seem like NO-OP is particularly active around here anymore. But from what I know. He did write it himself. Although not exclusively for GreySec. It is a repost that he previosly had written for Hacksociety & Hackcommunity forums. Both forums which are gone/dead, perished by time.
That was awesome, really thank you.
Thanks, actually really helpful. Didn't know CSRF before I read that. Tongue
Many many thanks It's one of the Community that post some real stuffs.I am happy to be part of it
Thanks for this now i know where and how to start!! Very resourceful thanks

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Vigilante Hacking - Heroes or Menaces DeepLogic 10 1,495 07-08-2020, 11:26 PM
Last Post: rob13
  Security/Hacking Ebook Collection Insider 124 185,568 07-02-2020, 07:49 AM
Last Post: pdd0702
  Is releasing hacking tools a bad idea? DeepLogic 1 590 06-16-2020, 04:40 PM
Last Post: poppopret
  Is learning Games Hacking useful? Bass_R33v3s 8 1,468 06-16-2020, 12:58 AM
Last Post: Bass_R33v3s