InfoSec charlatans
So according to this man. SSS. Mr. Sam Sue Smith.

- Having a public opinion is considered: Hate Speech and Defamation.
- Sharing a domain name is a copyright violation due to trademark.
- Sharing a screenshot of Linkedin. Which is open to everyone, public data. Public Domain. Is apparantly now also a copyright violation.

And now he wants to sue us.

I guess it's safe to say that this person is clinically insane in my opinion. Either that or I highly suspect that he's actually a small child with a fake linkedin page and stock footage, in my opinion.
Bahaha I haven't logged in, in ages but I had to make a comment on this.

Literally this guy is so nuts. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Hmm,

Where is the Popcorn when you need it?

[Image: HOyLWCj.gif]

Also coming from the person who spammed their emails over..
So nice harassment in my opinion.

~Cheers
(12-11-2017, 02:09 AM)Insider Wrote: So according to this man. SSS. Mr. Sam Sue Smith.

- Sharing a screenshot of Linkedin. Which is open to everyone, public data. Public Domain. Is apparantly now also a copyright violation.

I guess it's safe to say that this person is clinically insane in my opinion. Either that or I highly suspect that he's actually a small child with a fake linkedin page and stock footage, in my opinion.

If he's reading this word of advice to him: Fellow internet user, stop digging yourself further into a hole, every time you threaten to sue someone you just turn yourself into more of a laughing stock, give up. Let all of this blow over, we'd all forgotten about you a before you decided to come in here with threats to sue.
(12-13-2017, 01:06 AM)Holmes Wrote:
(12-11-2017, 02:09 AM)Insider Wrote: So according to this man. SSS. Mr. Sam Sue Smith.

If he's reading this word of advice to him: Fellow internet user, stop digging yourself further into a hole, every time you threaten to sue someone you just turn yourself into more of a laughing stock, give up. Let all of this blow over, we'd all forgotten about you a before you decided to come in here with threats to sue.

Haha crazy enough it seems like he's very much serious about it. Already sued other infosec-analysts... lol.

https://www.bankinfosecurity.com/austral...rs-a-10455
(12-13-2017, 01:16 AM)Insider Wrote:
(12-13-2017, 01:06 AM)Holmes Wrote:

Haha crazy enough it seems like he's very much serious about it. Already sued other infosec-analysts... lol.

https://www.bankinfosecurity.com/austral...rs-a-10455

As far as i am concerned he can file lawsuits all day every day. Chances are most people on here are outside of the jurisdiction of the Australian authorities. What's more, being a Grey Hat forum i would expect the majority of users to follow proper OPSEC procedures.
Quote:Pwnie for Lamest Vendor Response
Awarded to the vendor who mis-handled a security vulnerability most spectacularly.
  • eVestigator
    Credit: Simon Smith
    No one likes a copyright cry-baby, so we're giving extra points to Simon Smith for having taking down every Youtube video and Medium post about the vulnerabilities in his commercial forks of Onion Browser and other open source cell phone apps, sold under the names 1IQ, eVestigator, RPL Central, and Official Intelligence. Simon also seems to be fond of threatening to sue his critics, and we look forward to his creative and hilarious citations of the Australian Crimes Act of 1958 to silence our award ceremony.

he should update his site saying he won a pwnie
(12-14-2017, 04:02 AM)vibes part 4 Wrote: he should update his site saying he won a pwnie

the shitstain was only nominated.
The respective user does not deserve any further public attention, and GreySec does not want to be associated with the user.

As a personal decision, thread closed. Moving on now.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  being an autistic and studying infoSec QMark 17 9,896 03-25-2018, 02:06 PM
Last Post: ashen
  Starting your InfoSec career as a student Cypher 1 4,210 02-19-2018, 04:12 AM
Last Post: acolyte