Change of plans everyone
The next cyber defense competition isn't until next January so I have plenty of time. Once I finish CCENT, I'm going to move onto Linux Essentials. I think in the short run, Linux Essentials might help me get closer to being able to learn to hack with Kali Linux. Am I wrong and is there anything I'm missing from that? I want to make sure I'm doing it right.

I'm waiting until summer to do OSCP when I have more time to put into it so I'm not focused on that right now. I want to do one thing at a time.

Oh, and I know of a really good CCENT review guide for anyone that's recently completed CCENT course or book and wants to review it:

https://www.professormesser.com/icnd1/

Professor messer has course notes for ICND1 so if you outline the course notes then hopefully it will help you study. Its like $20 for the course notes but I think I may upload the PDF here to greysec for everyone learning networking to use. How do I add it in a place where people will be able to see it?

It really helps. I swear. I've been outlining it today and yesterday and its super cool. I'm going to finish the ICND1 exam and go right into Linux.
Please do submit any resources you have with regards to ICND2 or any other course material here on GreySec. You can also send them to Insider and he'll put them up on the Hidden Service Resource Pool.

By the way, you should write a blog about what you're doing. Flesh out the content a bit more and you'll have a "My journey into Security" kind of blog going on. Shit like that is popular on Twitter as well, and Twitter is the place to be for networking and getting to know people from the industry. So might as well get in early right?
(01-29-2018, 03:14 AM)Vector Wrote: Please do submit any resources you have with regards to ICND2 or any other course material here on GreySec. You can also send them to Insider and he'll put them up on the Hidden Service Resource Pool.

By the way, you should write a blog about what you're doing. Flesh out the content a bit more and you'll have a "My journey into Security" kind of blog going on. Shit like that is popular on Twitter as well, and Twitter is the place to be for networking and getting to know people from the industry. So might as well get in early right?

Interesting idea, +1 on that one.
(01-29-2018, 11:06 AM)enmafia2 Wrote:
(01-29-2018, 03:14 AM)Vector Wrote: Please do submit any resources you have with regards to ICND2 or any other course material here on GreySec. You can also send them to Insider and he'll put them up on the Hidden Service Resource Pool.

Interesting idea, +1 on that one.

I agree. I think I'm gonna do that. Thanks.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I'm considering making a blog everyone!!! QMark 2 3,846 01-30-2018, 10:20 PM
Last Post: Vector