Operating systems study guide
Link:
http://guides.sharafat.co.uk/documents/O..._Guide.pdf

Excellent document that summarizes key operating system concepts, including processes, threads, memory management e.t.c.
A chapter in security is also included, but it does not go into detail as it is outside the scope of the document.

Enjoy!

Credits to:
Sharafat Ibn Mollah Mosharraf, Dept. of Computer Science & Engineering
University of Dhaka
Appreciate the share. Thank you.
--
Always something people ask about and this is probably the most objective way of explaining.
Thank you for sharing this!

I am in an Operating Systems course right now, and I'm a bit behind. I was hoping to find a study guide style resource.

Much appreciated.
This will go quite well with my operating systems class. Thanks.
Why are all of you in operating systems classes?
(02-05-2018, 03:51 AM)stealth Wrote: Why are all of you in operating systems classes?

Well it's not that weird... it's an IT related forum, many people go to college and OS is a common subject.
OP. Great share man! This will be super useful.

(02-05-2018, 03:51 AM)stealth Wrote: Why are all of you in operating systems classes?

It's a fundemental part of most computer science and CS engineering disciples. We have quite a few undergraduate/graduate students from university around here. Posting or lurking. That is if alexa is giving me the right statistics though :p

But yeah it's important to understand the operating system if you want to go into low level stuff.
(02-05-2018, 03:26 PM)Insider Wrote: OP. Great share man! This will be super useful.

It's a fundemental part of most computer science and CS engineering disciples. We have quite a few undergraduate/graduate students from university around here. Posting or lurking. That is if alexa is giving me the right statistics though :p

But yeah it's important to understand the operating system if you want to go into low level stuff.

I'm a computer information technology major and I am studying it right now. My school may be the first to do CIT as well as CS. They made CIT a subspecialty of CS. Then for people who like the business side of things, there is an information systems major but that's not me because I'm CIT which is a subspecialty of computer science and is actual engineering.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Using Kali Linux (And other systems) natively on Windows 10 without VM. Insider 2 2,954 03-21-2019, 07:53 PM
Last Post: enmafia2
  Linux Administration: A Beginner's Guide, 7th Edition by Wale Soyinka Lumi 4 14,885 01-07-2018, 01:27 PM
Last Post: megabyte
  (Debian) The Paranoid #! Security Guide Insider 2 12,373 07-25-2017, 04:51 AM
Last Post: hotmagnet