How to practice Wireless networking using just a laptop?
(02-23-2018, 09:14 PM)Insider Wrote:
(02-23-2018, 07:53 PM)fogbright Wrote: People at my school get really pissed off if I even mention that. I don't think they want the students to know about virtual networks for some reason.

First off, sorry man Smile I had a bad day, I'm sorry I took it out on you.

Anyway, I see. Well either way I suggest you look into virtual networking. For something more simple, you could play around with virtualbox and NAT. Or maybe if you want more hardware oriented, you can buy a raspberry pi and set up your own internal router.

I have a physical cisco 2960 series switch. I am thinking of getting a cisco router. But honestly, I have to stay grounded in CCENT at least for a little while and I probably shouldn't have made this thread, lol. Fuck me.

I have the book of wireless and I have some other books I can read. I have CISCO Routers for the Desperate Book. I will definitely have to get a CISCO Router or GNS3 or something along the lines of a virtual network based on what your saying.

Thanks anyways though. I will take your advice.

I think going into wireless its a little early and I see I am straying from the path a little as I am focused on my CCENT. But thank you. I will go into wireless soon.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Using Wget for Maintaining Access to a System misfit 0 3,319 05-11-2019, 08:50 PM
Last Post: misfit
  want to do this kind of MITM attack without using wireshark QMark 2 4,054 02-06-2019, 07:17 PM
Last Post: Insider
  Networking Basics (Video) Insider 0 5,079 11-14-2018, 09:57 PM
  Start a thread about the basics of networking. C3x0r 4 7,648 10-01-2018, 03:15 PM