which section do I go to in netacad?
This question has some background to it.

My networking teacher thinks I know the material.

I took the pretest in netacad the second time after doing loads of practice tests for CCENT over and over and came to the conclusion that I am not ready to take the final. I got 60% on the netacad pretest. I am gonna really quickly go through a few sections again.

But I wanted to know how I determine which chapter to do in netacad based on my scores in different areas. I scored 100% in some areas. I know it sounds dumb but I think I am having a hard time finding a good chapter to start off with.

Could someone please help me with this? Thanks.

Best,

fogbright

UPDATE!!!

Here are the pretest results:

Domain Knowledge - Weighted Score
Max Points: 83
Earned Points: 50
Percentage: 60.2%

Based on your responses to this assessment, you have the below feedback:
Please note that feedback may not be available for all items.

Domain Knowledge - Binary Score
Max Points: 41
Earned Points: 22
Percentage: 53.7%

Basic Device Management
Max Points: 6
Earned Points: 6
Percentage: 100%

IP Addressing
Max Points: 17
Earned Points: 14
Percentage: 82.4%

Networking Basics
Max Points: 23
Earned Points: 10
Percentage: 43.5%

Network Management
Max Points: 4
Earned Points: 2
Percentage: 50.0%

Network Services
Max Points: 6
Earned Points: 0
Percentage: 0.0%

Routing
Max Points: 12
Earned Points: 6
Percentage: 50.0%

Security
Max Points: 4
Earned Points: 4
Percentage: 100%

Switching
Max Points: 11
Earned Points: 8
Percentage: 72.7%
This is a hacking forum, not a forum for Cisco's Networking Academy. A few users here have coincidentally used Netacad, like me, but that's totally unrelated to hacking.

Netacad has their own forum for this: https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/groups...tudy-group

To answer your question...

The thing about CCENT/CCNA is that you need to understand all of the bases of traditional networking and bring it together to troubleshoot issues or build small networks. You need to understand basic networking theory, switching and routing.

Take notes on everything, and make sure you know what you are talking about. If you lack in an area, you must go back and work at that area until you understand it, then move to the next area. Before you understand VLANs, you need to understand basic switching concepts. Before you can do inter-VLAN routing, you need to understand VLANs. Before you can understand dynamic routing protocols, you need to understand routing and static routes.

Take one step at a time.
(03-11-2018, 09:11 PM)Cypher Wrote: This is a hacking forum, not a forum for Cisco's Networking Academy. A few users here have coincidentally used Netacad, like me, but that's totally unrelated to hacking.

Netacad has their own forum for this: https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/groups...tudy-group

To answer your question...

The thing about CCENT/CCNA is that you need to understand all of the bases of traditional networking and bring it together to troubleshoot issues or build small networks. You need to understand basic networking theory, switching and routing.

Take notes on everything, and make sure you know what you are talking about. If you lack in an area, you must go back and work at that area until you understand it, then move to the next area. Before you understand VLANs, you need to understand basic switching concepts. Before you can do inter-VLAN routing, you need to understand VLANs. Before you can understand dynamic routing protocols, you need to understand routing and static routes.

Take one step at a time.

Right but I'm wondering which chapter I go to because I know a good percentage of the material. Maybe I could post my test results?
(03-11-2018, 09:13 PM)fogbright Wrote: Right but I'm wondering which chapter I go to because I know a good percentage of the material. Maybe I could post my test results?

There is no need to share your test results here.
Go to whatever chapters you are having issues with, specifically the ones with sub-par results.