Why is GreySec being censored by the government?
I am hoping that by asking this, I am helping the community somehow as other people might be having a similar issue here on GreySec.

I'm asking this in the window of time where GreySec is working.

Here's my issue. One day I go to GreySec and it works perfectly. A day later I go and its 403 forbidden. Then the next day its available like nothing ever happened.

I tried changing my mac address, logging in from a personal hotspot instead of the school wifi, using a VPN, doing it on the school's wifi all over, and finally the first three things I just listed at once on top of fucking Tor. It still won't work.

Then 20 minutes later it works again perfectly.

Why is this happening? Its not like we encourage illegal hacking. Why are we being censored?

How do I get around this? Does anyone have a solution?Thanks.

Best,

fogstone
GreySec isn't being censored, where did you get that idea?

Do you know what the 403 forbidden status code means? Did you try digging the NS and A records? I suggest that you do some troubleshooting before coming to conclusions like that.

GreySec was down because the nameservers were down, No A record could be returned. This has since been corrected.
(03-13-2018, 11:50 PM)Lunar Wrote: GreySec isn't being censored, where did you get that idea?

Do you know what the 403 forbidden status code means? Did you try digging the NS and A records? I suggest that you do some troubleshooting before coming to conclusions like that.

GreySec was down because the nameservers were down, No A record could be returned. This has since been corrected.

Right ok. So I wasn't being rational. Thanks.
Do not worry! There is no censorship, government or ddos attacks here.

In short terms:
GreySec was going to switch new frontend and dns networks. However due to a miscalculation. Those servers did not arrive in time, and thus: DNS and frontend went down. As the service did not get renewed in time.

This was out of my hand as I outsource the work on the frontend to trusted friends who help me with it.

As a result: GreySec forums and xmpp was unreachable for a day. I couldnt fix it at the time as I had to sleep, and the following day I had to take a trip by train.

Now that I'm home: I added a temprorary dns server under my control. Updated the domain and borrowed a temprorary frontend from Lunar over here Smile

So now you can access it!

We will be back to a better network soon enough. It's being contstructed as we speak.

The reason why you got error 403: I did not add Lunars frontend to my whitelist. The backend blocks all non-frontend servers from accessing it. Been fixed now.

The reason why you got an unsigned SSL error: I left my SSL certificate on my main pc. Right now I'm traveling with my laptop. So I had to generate a new one.

And now we're back!

It's very easy to jump to conclusion, I totally get you.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GreySec Social thread. Vector 163 115,146 06-11-2020, 11:25 PM
Last Post: Insider
  How did you find GreySec? Insider 8 1,120 06-11-2020, 11:11 PM
  GreySec Scraper Tool Release Dismal_0x8 4 1,019 06-09-2020, 12:20 AM
  GreySec Forum Statistics (Full Stats) Dismal_0x8 7 973 06-02-2020, 11:15 AM