why don't internal networks work like this?
So remember those VMs I told you about earlier that I was supposed to hack? They used to work just fine. It used to be that I could do an nmap scan on every device the a /24 subnet of the Interface I was in and the other VM would show up.

But now I'm not even able to connect that other VM to my computer's internal network.

Why?

It makes no sense.

Even if I change the adapter and all that, none shows up in Kali, bridged or internal.

I obviously need an internal network.

What do I do?

The guy who gave me the VM is really urging me to hack it and really wants me to keep giving him feedback and I made a promise.

I will post a picture of my VMWare settings, or whatever is needed if necessary.
When faced with the internal network,

I was stuck a bit on micro-segmentation VMware NSX. And I, as you say, is not at all sure that this will work properly after all...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I would like to dox celebrities, corporations, governments QMark 2 4,402 08-16-2018, 05:21 AM
Last Post: QMark
  Why do bug bounty hunters on average have more skill? QMark 3 5,164 08-12-2018, 04:16 PM
Last Post: hworth
  Work or School? CryptoSeb 6 4,396 03-28-2018, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Night
  Why is GreySec being censored by the government? QMark 3 3,907 03-14-2018, 12:33 AM
Last Post: Insider