What do you do for a living?
(07-16-2018, 07:58 PM)system32 Wrote: Unfortunately I work in the shipping department. Though I deal with packing and shipping shit all day, I'm the only IT guy present, and I don't charge my boss so it's less of a hassle for him than calling some IT guy to charge him.

I guess your boss isnt rich enough yet Big Grin
(07-16-2018, 07:58 PM)system32 Wrote: Unfortunately I work in the shipping department. Though I deal with packing and shipping shit all day, I'm the only IT guy present, and I don't charge my boss so it's less of a hassle for him than calling some IT guy to charge him.

Perhaps you need to negotiate official responsibilities to have them added to your job description? And perhaps a new job title?
It would be a good way for you to gain more official experience so that you have room for professional growth.
(07-17-2018, 01:11 PM)Cypher Wrote:

Perhaps you need to negotiate official responsibilities to have them added to your job description? And perhaps a new job title?
It would be a good way for you to gain more official experience so that you have room for professional growth.

You are right. But I'm struggling. In life, in general, so I've put off college and looking for a new job. I'm an indecisive fuck who lacks motivation almost entirely.
(07-18-2018, 09:07 PM)system32 Wrote:
(07-17-2018, 01:11 PM)Cypher Wrote:

You are right. But I'm struggling. In life, in general, so I've put off college and looking for a new job. I'm an indecisive fuck who lacks motivation almost entirely.

Life can be rough sometimes and you might not see any sense in what you’re doing but if you end up not doing anything you will regret in the future.

If your lack of motivation is due to too much stress you should take some free time, just stay away from what makes you stressed. You will come back when you are rested.

If you’re just indecisive for ‘no reason at all’ I would suggest to sit down and think about it for a bit, there MUST be something that’s bugging you, sometimes subtle things can really fuck you without even noticing.

Finally, if you’re just messed up because of money... I wouldn’t recommend dropping school for working unless you REALLY need the money. Not sure what you were studying but if it was computer related, believe me that you will find job easily, don’t rush it.

Good luck with it man, if you ever wanna chat PM me, I have xmpp too in case you are into it too  Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What are you currently listening to? Vi-Sion 21 8,923 06-25-2020, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Insider
  How did you find GreySec? Insider 8 1,095 06-11-2020, 11:11 PM
Last Post: Insider
  Do you have a Gucci coat? LOSTINSAUCE 16 9,193 05-25-2020, 06:19 PM
Last Post: WendyMorris
  is there anything wrong with the terms "white hat," "black hat," or "grey hat" to you QMark 2 817 04-14-2020, 03:16 AM
Last Post: QMark