Has anyone done bug bounties?
Has anyone done bug bounties and how do you feel about them?

How do you deal with the risks involved?

How well do you do with them?

Wondering because I may want to do one sometime. Thanks.

Best,

QMark
(06-04-2018, 10:31 PM)QMark Wrote: Has anyone done bug bounties and how do you feel about them?

I haven't. But I have friends who have. They do make quite a bit of money. One guy I knew made 2k$ or something in monero just a few months ago. And I hear some professionals actually make a living on bug bounties.

(06-04-2018, 10:31 PM)QMark Wrote: How do you deal with the risks involved?

Always read the rules and terms regarding bug bounties. See what's off-scope/not allowed. Read on their disclosure policies etc. And always make sure they do have a bug bounty programme in the first place. If unsure, a good idea is to contact them.

However using good opsec could be a good habit either way. Use vpn and btc address. However some bug bounties like pentagons one-hacker programme require you to register with them and give your full information like ID and stuff. So check for that.

(06-04-2018, 10:31 PM)QMark Wrote: How well do you do with them?

In my opinion. It all depends on your skills, dedication and mindset. A good hacker tries everything and never gives up! :p

(06-04-2018, 10:31 PM)QMark Wrote: Wondering because I may want to do one sometime. Thanks.

Sure, go for it. There's a lot of resources of this online. For starters https://www.reddit.com/r/bugbounty/ and if you more into programming check out source bounties https://www.bountysource.com/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why do bug bounty hunters on average have more skill? QMark 3 5,132 08-12-2018, 04:16 PM
Last Post: hworth
  Does anyone know of a book on social media hacking? QMark 2 3,910 07-27-2018, 01:41 AM
Last Post: Insider
  Would this be a dox that could be done? QMark 7 4,756 05-03-2018, 03:40 AM
Last Post: Insider
  does anyone here think marijuana is good for you? QMark 3 4,094 01-27-2018, 11:05 PM
Last Post: Vector