Is it ever ethical to hack a personal friend or an enemy?
Is it ever ethical to use hacking in your own personal life? If so, when and how?

If someone disappears and currently may have been raped or kidnapped, is it ethical to hack them to find evidence?

What scenario is ethical or unethical in personal life?

Let’s debate.
Hacking is fun until you hurt someone, in general hacking leads to someone being hurt... so in most scenarios it's not ethical.
Anyways, I'm kind of a white hat, so probably not what everyone will think around here.
I consider myself a whitehat too. But, I guess there is an edge. If I did any unethical hacking, it would only be in retaliation to something else that was unethical.
(07-26-2018, 02:26 AM)net.conf Wrote: I consider myself a whitehat too. But, I guess there is an edge. If I did any unethical hacking, it would only be in retaliation to something else that was unethical.

Agreed. That’s a good way to put it. But in your personal life name an example.
(07-26-2018, 02:37 AM)QMark Wrote:
(07-26-2018, 02:26 AM)net.conf Wrote: I consider myself a whitehat too. But, I guess there is an edge. If I did any unethical hacking, it would only be in retaliation to something else that was unethical.

As an example, I could go with someone killing a friends ect.. but, to give an illustration of what the minimum offence would be, I'd say something like stealing my property. Hard to say really. Looking into myself, I'm also not quite sure what it would take.
There's no right or wrong here. No black and white if you know what I'm saying. It all depends on your morals and ethics. Each of us hackers probably has our own set of morals. White hat or not, I believe that there will still be variations, as we are all different individuals with different values and experiences. Stating the obvious yeah, haha.

As for your question per se. Hacking this individual for evidence of a crime will not look good in court from a legal perspective. You're better off leaving it to the professionals. But say if case was closed, sure. Maybe I would do something bad? But not for evidence, probably mostly for my own satisfaction too be honest. Who knows.
(07-26-2018, 02:37 AM)QMark Wrote:

well just as Insider said "we are all different individuals with different values and experiences" re stating the obvious xd 
from my personal life example: I did find a vuln. on them auto cvv selling shops and did get a lot of stolen data like ccs n pps ... didnt use any of them but did mess with the members, I dont consider that bad at all another example would be taking over botnets.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Would you describe yourself as a law abiding or ethical hacker and if so how much? QMark 7 4,713 05-13-2018, 09:57 AM
Last Post: EnigmaCookie
  my friend gave me a hella cool offensive security challenge QMark 11 6,314 03-14-2018, 07:09 PM
Last Post: QMark
  Anyone ever get this with twitter? Vector 8 5,341 07-27-2016, 03:41 PM
Last Post: Vector
  How to hack this site! Source_ 1 3,377 06-11-2015, 03:03 PM
Last Post: enmafia2