Rivers and lakes first aid!!!Ask for help!!
I am a newcomer who has just entered this circle. I want to learn hacking skills, but I do not know where to start learning. Please help me. Thanks!  Tongue
Hello and welcome to Greysec!
If you want to get into hacking I would suggest you to first look around and start messing around.
Hacking is a VERY broad subject and also, it is basically mess around.

I'm going to more or less tell you what you can look for, basically what I would have loved to hear when I was starting.
I also have to say that I don't consider myself experienced as there are a lot of people who know a lot more than I do, and in general, I would say that there will always be someone who knows more than you.

With that said:

1. Programming: it is a very important skill in hacking, without programming you basically can't understand what is happening under the hood and you have little to nothing to do (I will obviate using programs without even know what it does, this is just suicidal).
In the hacking community script like programming languages are very common, usually python, bash, powershell, however, depending on the matter you will need other skills such as assembly for reverse engineer (will explain), or web oriented languages such as javascript, general understanding of databases, etc.

2. Hardware or Software?: I would differenciate between the two, in the hardware side there are a lot of matters, people lock pick, they reverse engineer protocols or devices, there is firmware hacking, and people getting into radio hacking and such. On the other hand, there is software side, there is web application security, malware, network security...

As you can see there are a lot of subjects and if you get into them you will see that they are really all related, so I would suggest to get into one of them and test if you like it, if it isn't your thing go to another one.

If you look into something and have a question just ask, I'm always down to help, just make sure you make some research first ^^
Good luck my friend!
Welcome to GreySec. As for your question, I'd say just jump into it. Find some area of hacking which caughts your interest and work your way out from there. There is no set way to get started with hacking, there's a lot of aspects of hacking depending on the field, and as such there's a lot of different approaches.

What are you mostly interested in? What is your endgoal with learning security? Think about that and maybe you can get a better idea of where to start.
(08-17-2018, 11:16 AM)enmafia2 Wrote: Hello and welcome to Greysec!
If you want to get into hacking I would suggest you to first look around and start messing around.
Hacking is a VERY broad subject and also, it is basically mess around.

I'm going to more or less tell you what you can look for, basically what I would have loved to hear when I was starting.
I also have to say that I don't consider myself experienced as there are a lot of people who know a lot more than I do, and in general, I would say that there will always be someone who knows more than you.

With that said:

1. Programming: it is a very important skill in hacking, without programming you basically can't understand what is happening under the hood and you have little to nothing to do (I will obviate using programs without even know what it does, this is just suicidal).
In the hacking community script like programming languages are very common, usually python, bash, powershell, however, depending on the matter you will need other skills such as assembly for reverse engineer (will explain), or web oriented languages such as javascript, general understanding of databases, etc.

2. Hardware or Software?: I would differenciate between the two, in the hardware side there are a lot of matters, people lock pick, they reverse engineer protocols or devices, there is firmware hacking, and people getting into radio hacking and such. On the other hand, there is software side, there is web application security, malware, network security...

As you can see there are a lot of subjects and if you get into them you will see that they are really all related, so I would suggest to get into one of them and test if you like it, if it isn't your thing go to another one.

If you look into something and have a question just ask, I'm always down to help, just make sure you make some research first ^^
Good luck my friend!

Hi brother, I been looking for hackers to help me with an issue , I bought a computer from China tabao which is said to be brand new . I boot computer and windows already installed which raise my suspicions . Did not connect to internet and did a quick cmd netstat command to see what ports are listening . What poped up was a loop back address with 49683 port established . It looks like his
127.0.0.1:49683 which is know for a Trojan port. Does this confirm Trojan waiting for internet connection . I want know if this is a pre infected computer or has been riddled with .
Thank you kind regards
(09-03-2018, 01:53 PM)TeknoFuture Wrote:
Hi brother, I been looking for hackers to help me with an issue , I bought a computer from China tabao which is said to be brand new . I boot computer and windows already installed which raise my suspicions . Did not connect to internet and did a quick cmd netstat command to see what ports are listening . What poped up was a loop back address with 49683 port established . It looks like his
127.0.0.1:49683 which is know for a Trojan port. Does this confirm Trojan waiting for internet connection . I want know if this is a pre infected  computer or has been riddled with .
Thank you kind regards

Well I'm not sure if you were hacked or not, but in western countries windows preinstalled is a common thing. Also windows 10 has been discovered getting a lot of info from users so it might be that too. Google about it for a bit and see if that's the case.
Analise your processes and all and see if you have something strange.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who can help me remove crypt from .DAT files? Saddam 1 1,307 10-26-2021, 06:03 PM
Last Post: dev
  Windows Privilege Escalation (And more...) Insider 1 10,085 08-13-2021, 10:34 PM
Last Post: parzival
  [Links] Resources - Wargames and Hacking Challenges Insider 17 56,137 07-20-2021, 05:57 PM
Last Post: Insider
  eLearnsecurity, offensive security and SANS dangcracker 16 43,582 07-16-2021, 05:43 PM
Last Post: z3r0dwn