doxing my friends
I want to friends. I want to dox people at school.

I'm thinking I should start with my best bro or this girl I know from a meetup.

I have a phone number for either.

For free, I want to get their email and their other info.

This isn't for relationship purposes but I'm wondering if I could get their info given that I have their cell numbers.

Like is it possible to search for past relationships, relatives, etc? Is it possible to search for their emails from a phone number?

I want to do this for free.

Lol, typing this in between network+ studies.

Thanks.

Yours truly,

QMark
How's network+? I'm going to try that as well.

Ontopic: Sounds kind of stupid and pointless to me. Why would you dox your friends?

Yes you can use a phone number for searching. It depends on the datasets you have. Some databases have phone numbers, some don't. But a good starting point is whitepages, spokeo, pipl etc. OSINT gathering on their information.
(10-10-2018, 01:12 PM)Insider Wrote: How's network+? I'm going to try that as well.

Ontopic: Sounds kind of stupid and pointless to me. Why would you dox your friends?

Yes you can use a phone number for searching. It depends on the datasets you have. Some databases have phone numbers, some don't. But a good starting point is whitepages, spokeo, pipl etc. OSINT gathering on their information.

Net+ is going good. I’m fifty something percent through the course. Going quite well actually. Thanks

Once I get through network+ I will get to Linux+ and sec+ and then I will 100% be able to start hacking or doxing.

Just gonna study meantime but I thought I would pop the doxing question.
(10-10-2018, 08:22 PM)QMark Wrote: Net+ is going good. I’m fifty something percent through the course. Going quite well actually. Thanks

Once I get through network+ I will get to Linux+ and sec+ and then I will 100% be able to start hacking or doxing.

Cool! Yeah planning to take these certs too. (Optionally A+) Network+, Security+ and CYSA+. Just had an interview yesterday for IT-support. Plan to work my way from there into infosec jobs.
(10-10-2018, 09:20 PM)Insider Wrote:
(10-10-2018, 08:22 PM)QMark Wrote: Net+ is going good. I’m fifty something percent through the course. Going quite well actually. Thanks

Cool! Yeah planning to take these certs too. (Optionally A+) Network+, Security+ and CYSA+. Just had an interview yesterday for IT-support. Plan to work my way from there into infosec jobs.
Instead of the Network+, you might want to look into the CCNA.

Instead of the A+, you should just get Security+.

The Security+ should be an easy win for you. Wouldn't recommend gettnig the CYSA at all. The CISSP is more recognized.
(10-16-2018, 05:01 AM)kms Wrote:
(10-10-2018, 09:20 PM)Insider Wrote:

Instead of the Network+, you might want to look into the CCNA.

Instead of the A+, you should just get Security+.

The Security+ should be an easy win for you. Wouldn't recommend gettnig the CYSA at all. The CISSP is more recognized.

Specifically security analyst is the next career title I'm looking at. Got most of my base covered except networking and IDS/SIEM systems. Which is why I was thinking CySa.

But yeah, actually I am thinking of going straight for a SANS GSEC. Although it's super expensive, I wonder how long I will have to save for that. But at the very least, I want to take their course "Information Security Foundations" which goes under the GSEC cert. Want the take the course whether or I get cert or not, doesn't matter. I just want the learning experience, and from what I read it's a very broad course that covers a lot. Heard it's a great starting point from a friend.