How far does wifi pineapple reach?
I am planning on doing this from my apartment since I'm not at the dorms anymore:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_2YfsYp920

I want to try this on my own devices.

But first, how many miles does the pineapple reach?
I don't exactly know how the WiFi pineapple works but I suppose it depends on the antenna (?)
(11-27-2018, 03:58 AM)QMark Wrote: But first, how many miles does the pineapple reach?

lol

(11-27-2018, 07:50 AM)enmafia2 Wrote: but I suppose it depends on the antenna (?)

You're not wrong... but there's more to it than that.

It depends on frequency, output power, antenna type/design, the environment they're used in. And this applies to both the devices involved. I really can't give an estimate without at least knowing the frequency, power, and antenna gain of the tetra, and the receive sensitivity of the device you want to target.

Just to give an example, and don't quote me on this, it's late at night and making some educated guesses on the receive sensitivity of the devices... but if you had the US/FCC legal maximum power output with a 9dBi antenna you might be able to communicate with a phone about half a mile away. a laptop, maybe a mile. but none of this is fixed. depends entirely on each device.

but im guessing you just have the kit hardware for the tetra. so you're not likely getting more than 1/3 the legal maximum power output, and it probably came with a 5 or 6dBi antenna. So you're probably looking at a few hundred feet at most.
(03-10-2019, 08:02 AM)MuddyBucket Wrote:
(11-27-2018, 03:58 AM)QMark Wrote: But first, how many miles does the pineapple reach?

lol

(11-27-2018, 07:50 AM)enmafia2 Wrote: but I suppose it depends on the antenna (?)

You're not wrong... but there's more to it than that.

It depends on frequency, output power, antenna type/design, the environment they're used in. And this applies to both the devices involved. I really can't give an estimate without at least knowing the frequency, power, and antenna gain of the tetra, and the receive sensitivity of the device you want to target.

Just to give an example, and don't quote me on this, it's late at night and making some educated guesses on the receive sensitivity of the devices... but if you had the US/FCC legal maximum power output with a 9dBi antenna you might be able to communicate with a phone about half a mile away. a laptop, maybe a mile. but none of this is fixed. depends entirely on each device.

but im guessing you just have the kit hardware for the tetra. so you're not likely getting more than 1/3 the legal maximum power output, and it probably came with a 5 or 6dBi antenna. So you're probably looking at a few hundred feet at most.

So if I had a 9dBi antenna, I could hack WiFi from across the street? That would be awesome. What about a few blocks away? That would be perfect.

So then, let's say there was an Enterprise network a block away. Would it be any easier to get away with hacking that if I hacked it from across the street?
(03-14-2019, 04:39 AM)QMark Wrote: So if I had a 9dBi antenna, I could hack WiFi from across the street? That would be awesome. What about a few blocks away? That would be perfect.

So then, let's say there was an Enterprise network a block away. Would it be any easier to get away with hacking that if I hacked it from across the street?

In most cases, probably.but again it depends on knowing the specs for both devices to do the math. And the environment. If theyve designed their building to be a faraday cage, youre not going to have much luck. So there is no definite yes or no answers without all the information. And

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  does netcat's SSL feature prevent the victim from tracking the hacker in any way? QMark 23 8,569 05-01-2020, 02:11 PM
Last Post: DeepLogic
  Denying Someone's Device from a Public WiFi nats 0 4,765 06-11-2018, 06:20 PM
Last Post: nats
  What are some of the most efficient ways to learn how to hack into residential WiFi's Lucy77x77 2 5,357 05-08-2018, 01:28 AM
Last Post: Lucy77x77
  Wifi usb antennas, which one?? overfl0wN 5 5,565 05-22-2017, 02:09 AM
Last Post: hotmagnet