Poll: Yes/No?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
100.00%
5 100.00%
Other? (Tell below)
0%
0 0%
No
0%
0 0%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[09-21-2015] v0t3 and forum visibility
[09-21-2015] v0t3 and forum visibility
Small tweaks and changes has been made for the forum. After recent concern from certain members I've removed the v0t3 banner from our footer. As you may know, v0t3 is a website to promot certain underground forums. I removed it for the following reasons 1) It looks really bad with the theme 2) After closer inspection I have reasons to believe that an active v0t3 promotion will attract the wrong audience to our forum. Many of the listed forum are skid forums, carding forums or plain out carding websites. I am not trying to discredit them, but after some reconsideration I decided that it is not in the best interest of GreySec to continue this cooperation.

Changes has also been made to sections on our forums.

The following forums are now hidden from guests:
  1. Suggestions and Feedback
  2. Member Introduction
This has been made for privacy and integrity purposes. But primarly to focus more of our traffic on content, as well as encourage search engine bots to index content rather than threads which does not promote our content.

Other news:

Our private trash forum where certain inappropriate threads, soft deleted threads are organized and gathered for staff only has disabled posting count. These threads and posts will no longer count towards members posts. So it's most likely that some people might loose some of their post counts, I'm not sure.

Vote - Poll

As I usually do when I'm hesitating on something I want to do, I create a poll to ask for your opinion. Please see the poll in this thread and leave opinions below.

To focus more attention on our security and programming content, I would like to move the GreySec Portal sections to the bottom. All sections under GreySec portal. This means that these sections will still be visible, but only at the bottom of the page. As a direct result of this, more focus from first time visitors and other people will be drawn towards our security and Programming sections which would be placed at the top.

What's your opinion on this? I'm unsure if I should try this, since I've grown so famillior with our current layout. Vote above!
I like the higher privacy given with the member section. I'm assuming this also will prevent them from being scrapped by bots? I know some forums give googlebot a non posting account, because if that is true will the google bot be able to see things like member introductions?

Also I've voted for GS and think everyone else should as well, even if it doesn't look like v0t3.com gets a whole lot of traffic.

Have you considered posting about the forum on /r/hacking/? I think that might give more exposure if that's what you're after at this point in time
(09-21-2015, 09:11 PM)NO-OP Wrote: I like the higher privacy given with the member section.  I'm assuming this also will prevent them from being scrapped by bots?  I know some forums give googlebot a non posting account, because if that is true will the google bot be able to see things like member introductions?

Also I've voted for GS and think everyone else should as well, even if it doesn't look like v0t3.com gets a whole lot of traffic.

Have you considered posting about the forum on /r/hacking/?  I think that might give more exposure if that's what you're after at this point in time

This should give us better privacy, correct. Search bots should not be able to access these places. Googlebot has not been assigned a non-posting account. They won't be able to view hidden sections.

And thanks for the vote! Yes I've considered reddit promotion, it's something that will done soon.
(09-22-2015, 05:31 PM)Insider Wrote:
(09-21-2015, 09:11 PM)NO-OP Wrote: I like the higher privacy given with the member section.  I'm assuming this also will prevent them from being scrapped by bots?  I know some forums give googlebot a non posting account, because if that is true will the google bot be able to see things like member introductions?

Have you considered posting about the forum on /r/hacking/?  I think that might give more exposure if that's what you're after at this point in time

This should give us better privacy, correct. Search bots should not be able to access these places. Googlebot has not been assigned a non-posting account. They won't be able to view hidden sections.

And thanks for the vote! Yes I've considered reddit promotion, it's something that will done soon.

I voted a few times Big Grin

Reddit is probably a decent platform to advertise on to be honest, there are a lot of decent threads on there with knowledgeable people (of course you get the skids but that happens everywhere and we can keep on top of the shitposts)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [2020-09-14] Fixed JS issues and IP-ban false positive. Insider 1 4,678 09-15-2020, 09:13 AM
Last Post: enmafia2
  [2020-03-27] Scaling down the forum among other things. Insider 0 4,449 03-28-2020, 05:22 AM
Last Post: Insider
  [02-17-2016] Server reboot and Glibc Insider 0 7,766 02-17-2016, 09:21 PM
Last Post: Insider
  [12-20-2015] We have snow Insider 16 22,039 12-22-2015, 09:35 AM
Last Post: MuddyBucket