Answer
Hi,
I'm new in this forum and i have a question...
someone can give me a guide on how I can start studying hacking
Thank you...
Good start is to write a thread I an read Wink Text is too dark.
Check out the stickies on our section, use /search.php and generally just search.

If you want more specific pointers, I'm more than willing to help you. But rule of thumb before asking anything here is to google it first. Ask questions the smart way.
What would you recommend me to do?
and where can I start?
I tried on google but I can not learn because I do not know what comes before and after ...
what i ask and a listavin order on what i should study for hacking ...

Thanks for your answer
The good and bad thing about hacking is that there is not a path. The field is way too vast and advances so fast it's
practically impossible to keep up with the needed knowledge in every subfield.

That's why I would say you have to find something that motivates you and really interests you.
Hacking is in general related to computers so you have to know the language that they speak, programming. Start
by understanding some programming.

Afterwards, check the categories of this forum, I would say each one is a subfield of hacking.
Some of them are really related and others have nothing in common. Don't be afraid to read, watch conferences
on youtube (defcon, bsides, blackhat...), and experiment.

It's specially important to experiment, as in the end the mindset of a hacker is to be creative and achieve a
goal with something that wasn't meant to be done.
Be aware that hacking is much more than what movies usually show, viruses and getting in the mainframe, almost
every aspect of STEM has it's related subfield in hacking.

I know this sounds like I haven't helped much, I also felt like this when I first joined a community and asked
for help; but really, all you have to do is experiment, most "how 2 be a l33t hacker" guides that you find by
googling are bullshit so just learn concepts and stop looking for a path.
(02-09-2019, 06:50 AM)enmafia2 Wrote: The good and bad thing about hacking is that there is not a path. The field is way too vast and advances so fast it's

That's why I would say you have to find something that motivates you and really interests you.
Hacking is in general related to computers so you have to know the language that they speak, programming. Start

Afterwards, check the categories of this forum, I would say each one is a subfield of hacking.
Some of them are really related and others have nothing in common. Don't be afraid to read, watch conferences

It's specially important to experiment, as in the end the mindset of a hacker is to be creative and achieve a
Be aware that hacking is much more than what movies usually show, viruses and getting in the mainframe, almost

I know this sounds like I haven't helped much, I also felt like this when I first joined a community and asked
for help; but really, all you have to do is experiment, most "how 2 be a l33t hacker" guides that you find by

thanks for answering me...
do you know what these concepts are?
so you say you start learning how to program?
you're right about the fact that the world of hacking is vast but if you do not give a tip on where to start I can never become and look for what I want ...
However you said you started to learn how to program and for this I thank you ...
Thank you so much....
(02-09-2019, 01:31 PM)_Nymph_ Wrote:
(02-09-2019, 06:50 AM)enmafia2 Wrote: The good and bad thing about hacking is that there is not a path. The field is way too vast and advances so fast it's

you're right about the fact that the world of hacking is vast but if you do not give a tip on where to start I can never become and look for what I want ...
However you said you started to learn how to program and for this I thank you ...
Thank you so much....

Yes, if you still don't know how to program I would really advice you to do so.
First of all look for the categories. Start by one and if it doesn't fancy you then go to other.
You will experience all of them sooner or later and have fun along the process.

For the programming language choice I would advice:
In general some scripting language is adviced, python is a big option and very famous in the hacking community, apart from that you have others like ruby.

If you want to get into web hacking you first need to learn how the web works, so start with a bit of html+css+javascript, a bit of php might help you too but you can pick that later.

If you want to get a really structured language that helps you get the good practices and all I would advice c++ or c.
These are very interesting for memory hacking and even help you getting into more low level stuff.

The lower the level "the closer you are to the hardware". The lowest level you can go while not using 0's and 1's is assembly.
You can pick an architecture and use the respective programming language. x86 assembly, arm or mips are very common and nice to start as there is a lot of information about the subject.

For human engineering and manipulation in general it's all about practicing, read books and watch conferences.
There are many others subfields like lockpicking that are also usually considered hacking, you might be interested in those too.

Start by seeing all I said, you have a life worth of content just by researching what I said.
And also avoid using that black formatting, is unreadable.

Good luck in your journey Smile
so you tell me to start from a ï that is python ..
then step by step go to learn other languages ​​...
for the fact of human engineering what should I do you can explain me well ...
However, does the pentester hit the hacking world?
because I know that becoming a pentester must study networks ie Ip / Tcp etc ..
thanks so much for your reply
(02-09-2019, 08:23 PM)_Nymph_ Wrote: so you tell me to start from a ï that is python ..
then step by step go to learn other languages ...
for the fact of human engineering what should I do you can explain me well ...
However, does the pentester hit the hacking world?
because I know that becoming a pentester must study networks ie Ip / Tcp etc ..
thanks so much for your reply

Python is a good programming language for having the work done, however, if you want to learn programming, a more structured language like c++ is better for the basics. It will teach you better the principles and your programming will be cleaner and easier to read.

When getting into hacking, knowing how the system works is the first step. If you are going to try to pentest a linux box for example, you should know several concepts as how linux works, privilege escalation and so on. It all depends on what you want to do.

Obviously there is always the easy route of running scripts already made, but people who don't understand what they do are usually not considered hackers but script kiddies.
Everyone knows how to run a script but that doesn't mean that you have the problem solving capabilities that a pentester needs to have.
(02-08-2019, 08:24 PM)_Nymph_ Wrote: What would you recommend me to do?
and where can I start?
I tried on google but I can not learn because I do not know what comes before and after ...
what i ask and a listavin order on what i should study for hacking ...

Thanks for your answer

Maybe I was a bit rude, sorry about that. Sometimes I forget I was once clueless, in the world of hacking as you.

Hacking is a big area with many subtopics. There's no set way or approach to get into hacking/infosec. Everyone has their different paths. What are you interested in? What's your goal with learning information security? Do you want to hack websites, analyze and build viruses etc? If you find something that interests you, just take a look around the forums. We got many sections about it. Then set a goal from that, aim for that and start there.

Good start imo is to learn a programming language. Don't need to become an expert, just so you can read/understand code and make your own scripts. Take python for example.
Thank you so much....