is the whole hacker's handbook series up to date?
I'm wondering because I was thinking of purchasing a box set of the hacker's handbook series in order to learn hacking this coming fall after I finish up earning my certs. I have decided it will be the Hacker's Handbook series 100%. It looks wonderful. The only question I have is if the whole series still works with current technology.

That way I know I will be able to learn from all the different Hacker's Handbooks.

I'm really excited.

I decided my goal is to specialize in web hacking, database hacking, and browser hacking. Those are the areas I want to learn most. Then the basics of general hacking knowledge otherwise.

If you guys think that's a doable goal, I think I will set that right now as my goal.
It's a doable goal for sure, if you invest the time. As far as Hacker's Handbooks are concerned, just try to make sure you know which ones are the latest edition. In the area of web app security, the basic principles carry over even if you have an earlier edition.
(02-26-2019, 07:58 PM)Vector Wrote: It's a doable goal for sure, if you invest the time. As far as Hacker's Handbooks are concerned, just try to make sure you know which ones are the latest edition. In the area of web app security, the basic principles carry over even if you have an earlier edition.

And how will I know I'm ready to start bug hunting? Let's say I start at a beginners level. At what point should I try doing bug hunting in the real world? Thanks.

Also, what's the best place to practice web hacking?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hacker Conferences Archive - Download/Torrents (Defcon and more..) Insider 8 6,335 06-19-2020, 06:54 AM
Last Post: Vice
  The Car Hacker's Handbook (2016). A guide for the penetration tester CherSamson 1 5,484 02-10-2018, 07:39 PM
Last Post: Insider
  So you want to become a hacker ? Jake 9 8,949 02-17-2017, 05:06 PM
Last Post: Carnage