Free Mobile Data??
So, my used to be friend has found a method to get unlimited mobile data. Problem is, I have no clue how he could of managed this.

I work at a phone shop and work with all major mobile networks. I don't see a way he could have done this.

Has anybody got a clue on how he could have achieved this? Sure he could of lied but I doubt it. He's done incredible stuff since I've known him.

Thanks in advance! Cool

UPDATE: Had some information relating to how he did it. However, I will leave this open so everyone has something to discuss. I am sure some people can come up with some methods!
Back in the day you could mess around with APN's. Like some services would offer unlimited data/social media use on like, non-smartphone devices... and they'd simply have a different APN for these devices. put them in a smartphone and you'd get the same access.

Same sort of logic was also used by using a local proxy server and adjusting headers so it looked like all traffic was being made by the facebook app or whatever. I haven't tried either of these methods in probably 8+ years so Im guessing they're a bit more locked down now.

Then there is simply the act of hacking into the service provider themselves. If you can access your account you can give yourself anything you want lol. Maybe if you install a keylogger onto the computer of a friend who works at a phone shop, for example. hacking into something doesn't necessarily need to be this amazingly sophisticated practice.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mobile Application Exploitation by Attify certasker 3 3,296 03-26-2020, 09:24 PM
Last Post: kodachi
  Torum: Freedom = free information nismo 0 1,308 03-31-2019, 12:00 PM
Last Post: nismo
  FREE - Online Penetration Testing Labs pentesting0 0 2,558 09-28-2018, 07:17 AM
Last Post: pentesting0
  T-Mobile ekultek 15 7,361 04-16-2018, 10:26 AM
Last Post: EnigmaCookie