What are some good web development books or Udemy courses you would recommend?
Before learning web hacking I am planning on learning web development. I think I am interested in making a forum of some kind and on the side of web dev I wanna learn web hacking.

What are some good web dev books and/or Udemy courses I could start with?

I think I have an idea for a web project to build but I don’t want to give it away to everyone.

Thanks.
In my experience, I don't think you need to learn web development fully to get into web application exploitation. You can easily just jot down the basics, to understand the fundementals and the syntax. But no need go dive too deep if it isn't a part of your goal.

Would recommend learning how to implement SQL and PHP together. Basic project you can try is to make a guestbook page. Codecademy got a good course on SQL.
(03-30-2019, 11:40 PM)Insider Wrote: In my experience, I don't think you need to learn web development fully to get into web application exploitation. You can easily just jot down the basics, to understand the fundementals and the syntax. But no need go dive too deep if it isn't a part of your goal.

Would recommend learning how to implement SQL and PHP together. Basic project you can try is to make a guestbook page. Codecademy got a good course on SQL.

Would you recommend the Web Application Hackers Handbook then and practicing on the Buggy Web App?

And then from there maybe transitioning to hacking exposed?

Like does the Web Application Hackers Handbook have everything I need to know to start web hacking?
(03-31-2019, 02:53 AM)QMark Wrote: Would you recommend the Web Application Hackers Handbook then and practicing on the Buggy Web App?

And then from there maybe transitioning to hacking exposed?

Like does the Web Application Hackers Handbook have everything I need to know to start web hacking?

Yes. Web application hacking handbook is very good. Haven't read hacking exposed though. But yeah I recommend learning by doing. By all means, read books, watch video courses but remember to put it into practise. Set up DVWA to hack at home, or try hacking labs online like hackthissite, hackme, CTFs/wargames etc.
(03-31-2019, 04:48 PM)Insider Wrote: Yes. Web application hacking handbook is very good. Haven't read hacking exposed though. But yeah I recommend learning by doing. By all means, read books, watch video courses but remember to put it into practise. Set up DVWA to hack at home, or try hacking labs online like hackthissite, hackme, CTFs/wargames etc.

I have also heard of the buggy web app. It looks even better than the DVWA. What's your review on the buggy web app as a place to practice hacking?
(04-02-2019, 05:42 AM)QMark Wrote:
(03-31-2019, 04:48 PM)Insider Wrote: Yes. Web application hacking handbook is very good. Haven't read hacking exposed though. But yeah I recommend learning by doing. By all means, read books, watch video courses but remember to put it into practise. Set up DVWA to hack at home, or try hacking labs online like hackthissite, hackme, CTFs/wargames etc.

I have also heard of the buggy web app. It looks even better than the DVWA. What's your review on the buggy web app as a place to practice hacking?

I haven't heard of buggy web app before, I thought you meant DVWA Smile So can't say much about it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Udemy - The Complete Web Developer Course Insider 1 4,826 12-17-2020, 10:45 PM
Last Post: Insider
  PHP Programing Books Lumi 3 18,118 08-22-2016, 09:32 PM
Last Post: Vector
  Web Development Resources Clickbait 5 18,796 12-04-2015, 08:48 PM
Last Post: Syntax
  The Complete Web Developer Course Hatsune Miku 0 7,843 06-29-2015, 11:24 AM
Last Post: Hatsune Miku