which of these two areas is a better hacking specialty?
So I thought of a way to catch up to those who started younger. I just have to:

1. have a specific goal
2. put in more hours per day

I do eventually want to learn general well-rounded hacking. But that's not gonna be what I start with.

It's gonna be one of two primary styles of hacking:

1. web hacking/database hacking/browser hacking
2. web hacking/database hacking/mobile app hacking

Which combo would you recommend? Those are the four areas I'm most interested in but which combo in your view is more useful?

Would it be practical to do all four if I want to also know basic well-rounded hacking afterwards? I feel like that would be spreading myself thin.

What do you think?

Thanks.
I don't think starting younger doesn't nessecarily mean you got the edge. It depends on how you use your time. I could start young and just spend time learning every now and then.

Or I could start older but be committed and consistence. The key to reaching any goal imo is comittment and consistency. Spend rather 1-2 hours a day than do all nighters every now and then.

Also web application hacking + database hacking is kind of under the same area. It's a pretty good area to start off in yeah.

You know in my experience, I started off learning html at 11. And reading hacking forums at 13. But I can't say all time is well spent, I never did have a system of consistency. And in my teen, I spent a lot of time procastrinating.
(04-03-2019, 09:35 PM)Insider Wrote: I don't think starting younger doesn't nessecarily mean you got the edge. It depends on how you use your time. I could start young and just spend time learning every now and then.

Or I could start older but be committed and consistence. The key to reaching any goal imo is comittment and consistency. Spend rather 1-2 hours a day than do all nighters every now and then.

Also web application hacking + database hacking is kind of under the same area. It's a pretty good area to start off in yeah.

You know in my experience, I started off learning html at 11. And reading hacking forums at 13. But I can't say all time is well spent, I never did have a system of consistency. And in my teen, I spent a lot of time procastrinating.

I'm trying to realistically become a great hacker. I think I am probably gonna end up spending four to seven hours each day on average on hacking most likely. Just because its fun.
(04-03-2019, 10:26 PM)QMark Wrote: I'm trying to realistically become a great hacker. I think I am probably gonna end up spending four to seven hours each day on average on hacking most likely. Just because its fun.

Just down overdo it dude, dont want to burn yourself out and lose interest in infosec. Know your limits.

But best of luck man, work hard.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  which Udemy courses should be my reward: Nathan House or Zaid Sabih's courses? QMark 3 451 05-21-2020, 08:35 PM
Last Post: Tu4r3g
  Vigilante Hacking - Heroes or Menaces Dismal_0x8 9 916 05-14-2020, 12:36 AM
Last Post: Dismal_0x8
  Security/Hacking Ebook Collection Insider 122 171,709 05-05-2020, 06:02 PM
Last Post: Insider
  Advice for people new to hacking Dismal_0x8 4 575 04-24-2020, 11:07 PM
Last Post: Dismal_0x8