Analogue Hackers?
So im unsure whether or not there are others out there that do what I can do, but as a profession?

Since the early 90s ive honed and perfected my own skillset of hacking. I remember when we got the family PC and how excited me and my brother were with it, my brother would go onto become naturally gifted with mathematics, coding and computers in general. While I still love maths, its taken a long time and a lot of academic maturing to have a disciplined enough mind to contend with some of its more challenging topics. I digress.

However I began to find that I was rather gifted at taking things appart and putting them back together in ways the origional manufacturers had not intended.
For example;

-Taking appart mechanical toys to make small scale engineering factories to turn the moving parts into conveyer belts etc.

When youtube came into the global domain, I would watch hours of life hacking videos of all sorts and kinds of things. Some very useful. Such as, if you don't have a tin opener theres still a way to get inside of the tin, simply place the tin with the serated edge facing the floor and rub into a concrete surface or all. This will eventually open the tin once the edge has been rubbed away.

However my story goes way beyond this, I will go into more detail in a future post. But initially im wondering if there are other types of hackers out there whos skillset lies outside the domains of the digital sphere?

Limb777
(05-11-2019, 06:56 AM)limb777 Wrote: However my story goes way beyond this, I will go into more detail in a future post. But initially im wondering if there are other types of hackers out there whos skillset lies outside the domains of the digital sphere?

Yes, indeed in my opinion a hacker is someone that achieves a goal with something that wasn't intended for that.
Lockpicking for example is sometimes related to hackers, it has nothing to be with coding or computers in general, but it has the same mentality.

Another field that's very famous in the hacking community is Social Engineering, it is related to getting people to do something.
There are probably more examples but these are the ones that came to my mind.
In a nut shell, all that I want to say is that you can apply that idea to almost every activity and be considered hacking.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Analogue Hacking - Genisis[Trash] limb777 3 1,568 05-13-2019, 03:11 PM
Last Post: enmafia2
  do you think that psychology studies on hackers are bad? QMark 2 3,142 05-14-2018, 03:02 PM
Last Post: enmafia2