can someone with autism and psychosis learn social engineering?
The reason I ask is I really want to learn social engineering but I also have a hard time toning things down and I have a hard time understanding normal people. What are the prerequisites to social engineering and can an autistic person with psychosis who may not have all of those prerequisites obtain them and then start learning social engineering and be successful at it?
I am not quite sure what psychosis and autism have to do with each other. Try not to be too quick in self-diagnosing mental conditions.

If you think you have some underlying mental or medical issues, it might be an idea to get that sorted as best you can if you think it might interfere with your studies and long term goals in life.
(03-31-2020, 01:11 AM)Vector Wrote: I am not quite sure what psychosis and autism have to do with each other. Try not to be too quick in self-diagnosing mental conditions.

If you think you have some underlying mental or medical issues, it  might be an idea to get that sorted as best you can if you think it might interfere with your studies and long term goals in life.

My doctor diagnosed me as a young child. I have high functioning aspergers and classic autism but very high functioning, but also have lifelong psychosis from birth, as well as generalized anxiety disorder and depression.
(03-30-2020, 11:07 PM)QMark Wrote: I have a hard time understanding normal people.

Social engineering is basically playing with other people's minds, so understanding them is the first step.
Not only that, you have to be one step ahead of the target.

Most of the time, when preparing for an attack you practice scenarios.  Unluckily, and more often than not, it does not go as planned and you have to adapt to the situation.

I'm not saying that you are not able to learn social engineering, but you might have to work harder than others.
(03-31-2020, 09:56 PM)enmafia2 Wrote:
(03-30-2020, 11:07 PM)QMark Wrote: I have a hard time understanding normal people.

Social engineering is basically playing with other people's minds, so understanding them is the first step.
Not only that, you have to be one step ahead of the target.

Most of the time, when preparing for an attack you practice scenarios.  Unluckily, and more often than not, it does not go as planned and you have to adapt to the situation.

I'm not saying that you are not able to learn social engineering, but you might have to work harder than others.

What if I told a social coach my goal of working towards something like How to WIn Friends and Influence People, or some other social engineering books? I'm not talking about cybersecurity books but things like The Prince or The Art of Seduction or maybe [i][Laws of Human Nature?/i] Like what if I told a social coach "my goal is to be able to do each of these books and all of the prerequisite social skills to it." Like because I am thinking of getting a social coach so maybe if I told them that was my goal, maybe they could help me through correcting my social skills? I'm hoping it could get up to a certain point and I would be ready to apply these skills to other people.

Like do you think it would help if I showed my social coach a list of three or four social engineering books and said "ok, so these books are some of my more advanced social goals for individualized training once I complete the social skills group training?" The reason is I am allowed to continue training individually after this group training I am supposed to do.
I feel like we've already covered this once before. Go for it dude, don't let yourself be a label or be defined by your diagnosis. It's an obstacle, but you wont know until you try. A lot of mental illness can be something won't notice on the surfcase.

My impression of you is that you're just a normal person. A rather curious person with a lot of questions at that, but that's not a bad thing.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  is it possible to lie to someone who can read body language AND facial expressions? QMark 4 2,676 Today, 06:35 AM
Last Post: QMark
  collegiate social engineering CTF!? QMark 0 1,509 09-06-2020, 02:08 AM
  Practical Examples of Social Engineering Insider 2 2,079 08-15-2020, 11:03 PM
Last Post: Insider
  Which is the best type of public speaking to help with social engineering? QMark 0 1,573 08-06-2020, 08:25 AM