PluralSight free due to coronavirus
All courses free in april, no credit card required. Just create the account and watch what you want.
There are a lot of good courses most of them (but not only) tech related.
If you are a bit lost they provide "paths" which can give you suggestions for what videos to watch.

Enjoy while you can and do something productive during the corona outbreak.

https://twitter.com/pluralsight/status/1...5496834049
Never heard of this organization but i will be sure to check their content out. Also, if a couple of us rip all the courses we watch we'll have a permanent archive of these materials. If i end up checking out a course, i will be ripping it and sending it to Insider so he can host it on our deepweb resource pool.
(04-07-2020, 03:04 PM)Vector Wrote: Never heard of this organization but i will be sure to check their content out. Also, if a couple of us rip all the courses we watch we'll have a permanent archive of these materials. If i end up checking out a course, i will be ripping it and sending it to Insider so he can host it on our deepweb resource pool.

This is a pretty well known site I believe. I've known about it for years anyways. And I'm pretty sure a good chunk of the courses have already been ripped/available for torrent. I've seen them before anyways.

I'm more of a reader than a watcher though. I find it hard to watch videos. Too slow. Need to watch at 2x speed if I do. I'd probably be able to manage faster speeds if it weren't for the voice becoming too distorted.
Yeah, they've been around for awhile, and a lot of their content has been ripped. I had a subscription for awhile through my work.

The content is generally better than the grab bag that is Udemy and most other sites, there are some standards. I wouldn't use it for learning anything too advanced but it was a nice consistent source for getting up-to-speed on a tech stack before starting an assessment. They do have transcripts of everything too so you can just Ctrl+F to find stuff too

I did also look at some of the security related courses they offer, nothing great there. Some wasn't bad but nothing that became a recommendation to me.

Ultimately its not a bad source, if its free check it out, but I probably wouldn't pay for it out of pocket, they really target the business clients
(04-08-2020, 05:02 AM)dropzone Wrote: Yeah, they've been around for awhile, and a lot of their content has been ripped. I had a subscription for awhile through my work.

The content is generally better than the grab bag that is Udemy and most other sites, there are some standards. I wouldn't use it for learning anything too advanced but it was a nice consistent source for getting up-to-speed on a tech stack before starting an assessment. They do have transcripts of everything too so you can just Ctrl+F to find stuff too

I did also look at some of the security related courses they offer, nothing great there. Some wasn't bad but nothing that became a recommendation to me.

Ultimately its not a bad source, if its free check it out, but I probably wouldn't pay for it out of pocket, they really target the business clients

Yeah, I am watching some videos for video editing and recording. It is great for being free, but if you already have some knowledge of the matter it is not really worth that much.
But anyways, way better than udemy and similar sites.
Ah, got it you guys. Sorry, personally i wasn't aware of this particular resource. Thanks for mentioning what you thought about the content as well.
(04-07-2020, 11:08 PM)MuddyBucket Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 03:04 PM)Vector Wrote: Never heard of this organization but i will be sure to check their content out. Also, if a couple of us rip all the courses we watch we'll have a permanent archive of these materials. If i end up checking out a course, i will be ripping it and sending it to Insider so he can host it on our deepweb resource pool.

This is a pretty well known site I believe. I've known about it for years anyways. And I'm pretty sure a good chunk of the courses have already been ripped/available for torrent. I've seen them before anyways.

I'm more of a reader than a watcher though. I find it hard to watch videos. Too slow. Need to watch at 2x speed if I do. I'd probably be able to manage faster speeds if it weren't for the voice becoming too distorted.

I'm the same way, I tried watching some pluralsight videos this week and I have a hard time following. I have to speed it up but the speakers alter their cadence so much that certain parts are unintelligible. Back to books I guess.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  (free for 2/limited days) udemy courses thunder011 5 759 05-06-2020, 03:31 PM
Last Post: Insider
  Where can I get a free copy of wahh labs? QMark 4 3,519 06-05-2018, 03:23 PM
Last Post: QMark
  -=[*FREE* Signatures - for GS Members + More...]=- DropTheMag 5 4,291 06-24-2015, 07:13 AM
Last Post: Mr Popo