is there anything wrong with the terms "white hat," "black hat," or "grey hat" to you
I feel like these are generalizations. Do you think these terms are meaningful?

On Cybrary, they added in red, blue, and green hats, which I think is stupid.

We don't need hat colors. We just need to look at the individual. If the law is profiling based on hat color then our society has a serious problem with generalizations.

What Jeremy Hammond did is "grey hat" and is worse in punishment than a prank played by some kid (or "black hat").

The whole idea is insane I tell you.
(04-13-2020, 03:06 AM)QMark Wrote: On Cybrary, they added in red, blue, and green hats, which I think is stupid.

I've always fucking hated the hat references. I don't even wanna know what the fuck red, blue and green hats are. 

The way I prefer to look at it, is that there is ethical hacking, and unethical hacking. If there is positive motivation behind it, even if it's illegal - it's ethical. If it has negative motivation behind it, then it's unethical. It doesn't need to be any more complex than that.
(04-13-2020, 08:31 AM)MuddyBucket Wrote:
(04-13-2020, 03:06 AM)QMark Wrote: On Cybrary, they added in red, blue, and green hats, which I think is stupid.

I've always fucking hated the hat references. I don't even wanna know what the fuck red, blue and green hats are. 

The way I prefer to look at it, is that there is ethical hacking, and unethical hacking. If there is positive motivation behind it, even if it's illegal - it's ethical. If it has negative motivation behind it, then it's unethical. It doesn't need to be any more complex than that.

I agree. 100% correct.

Hat colors are just a way to categorize and stereotype things.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What are you currently listening to? Vi-Sion 21 9,023 06-25-2020, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Insider
  How did you find GreySec? Insider 8 1,155 06-11-2020, 11:11 PM
Last Post: Insider
  Do you have a Gucci coat? LOSTINSAUCE 16 9,290 05-25-2020, 06:19 PM
Last Post: WendyMorris
  what do you guys think of the legalization of hackback? QMark 1 1,648 04-06-2019, 04:52 PM
Last Post: MuddyBucket