How did you find GreySec?
(07-14-2020, 01:23 AM)Vibe Wrote: I found the link on a post asking about hacking forums on reddit

Glad you found us! Welcome to the forum Smile
(07-14-2020, 01:23 AM)Vibe Wrote: I found the link on a post asking about hacking forums on reddit

I’m on Reddit too. I mean could you PM me your username? I’m /u/notburneddown

I don’t know what caused my to think of such a crappy Reddit username but I did.

Could you link me to the post? I know it sounds dumb but I am interested to see.
I got referred through a website, that serves as an online repo for urls related to IT etc, I’m writing down the url to the repo, though, it is old and public, it might come in handy. link dash base dot org
This is gonna sound lame but...

I found GS while looking for Hack Society in a Google search.

Basically, I wanted to find any remaining decent infosec forum, because there weren't many left. I found word of Hack Society and googled it but found that Hack Society was no longer a thing. But the subreddit for Hack Society was still there. So I went to the subreddit and I saw that the creator of Hack Society shut down the project and that the community was moving over to Hack Society's new successor: GreySec.

So I signed up for GreySec and have been happy with my decision ever since.

Me too Smile
Somebody linked it in a chat I frequent.
Hello! Happy to answer this, as this is my first day on this forum.

I was sitting in my chair bored out of my mind when I decided to start looking for some different PDFs to study from.
Using different google search operators led me to one of the posts here. I was quite surprised to see how detailed the certain post was.
This got me interested where I saw other posts and all of the different channels here.
From the get-go I like the overall attitude of how starters are treated and the encouragement of teaching people different things.

So here I am, hope I have fun here and meet a whole bunch of different people.
(01-19-2021, 10:18 PM)ueax Wrote: Hello! Happy to answer this, as this is my first day on this forum.

I was sitting in my chair bored out of my mind when I decided to start looking for some different PDFs to study from.
Using different google search operators led me to one of the posts here. I was quite surprised to see how detailed the certain post was.
This got me interested where I saw other posts and all of the different channels here.
From the get-go I like the overall attitude of how starters are treated and the encouragement of teaching people different things.

So here I am, hope I have fun here and meet a whole bunch of different people.

Welcome to GreySec Smile I am glad to hear you think that! Always struggling to improve and become the best hacking forum.
Someone posted the URL on a darknet forum that i used to visit. I think it was Torum.
(10-15-2021, 08:27 AM)Majin-Buu Wrote: Someone posted the URL on a darknet forum that i used to visit. I think it was Torum.

Glad you found us Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  They kicked me out of my CCNA exam. How are you? QMark 1 3,441 10-02-2021, 06:41 AM
Last Post: Vector
  I'm starting to find CTFs very repetitive. Anyone feeling the same? GreenHorse 4 8,557 09-15-2021, 07:31 AM
Last Post: parzival
  GreySec Social thread. Vector 207 464,573 09-01-2021, 07:58 AM
Last Post: Vector
  GreySec Communication Channels (IRC.. etc) Insider 18 61,992 03-27-2021, 08:12 AM
Last Post: KattStof