Swift is now open source
It seems apple developers have just opened source Swift. what do you guys think about it ? Is the language gonna gain popularity or usage ?   

It seems like after only a day; there're already 100+ typo merges, and I'm not sure how I feel about it.
link: https://swift.org/
Looking at the commits the typos seem to be happening in documentation, happens a lot. But as for swift itself I don't know if I really care for the language or it's production. It seems like it's just a weaker version of objective C that is for Apple only. Why not just work in Objective C and make a cross platform application.

Either way the Git log is pretty interesting for anyone that wants to look at it. https://github.com/apple/swift/commits/master
Obj-C itself is even sh*t IMO. I would rather write something up in C# and have it deployed to iOS, Android, Windows, and others. Apple by far creates the worst programming languages known to man.
(12-05-2015, 12:13 AM)NO-OP Wrote: Looking at the commits the typos seem to be happening in documentation, happens a lot.  But as for swift itself I don't know if I really care for the language or it's production.  It seems like it's just a weaker version of objective C that is for Apple only.  Why not just work in Objective C and make a cross platform application.

Either way the Git log is pretty interesting for anyone that wants to look at it. https://github.com/apple/swift/commits/master

Since its introduction the language didn't get much attention from developers, aside from developers who are already in apple closed platform. Probably open source-ing Swift is apple saying they're moving away from closed platform to cross platform, and they can't use Objective-C for that. the language get a lot of hate for its syntax.

(12-05-2015, 10:26 PM)bitm0de Wrote: Obj-C itself is even sh*t IMO. I would rather write something up in C# and have it deployed to iOS, Android, Windows, and others. Apple by far creates the worst programming languages known to man.

I don't understand why Objective-C is getting a lot of hate. I do admit that the syntax is weird and all, but the architecture and design of the language isn't half bad.
SWIFT IS #1 LANGUAGE!! YOU CAN MAKE YOUR VARIABLE NAMES EMOJIS IN SWIFT!!!
(12-19-2015, 02:05 AM)vibes Wrote: SWIFT IS #1 LANGUAGE!! YOU CAN MAKE YOUR VARIABLE NAMES EMOJIS IN SWIFT!!!

Please. never become a fucking developer. if i found an emoji variable i would find that developer and beat his ass.

(12-19-2015, 02:05 AM)vibes Wrote: SWIFT IS #1 LANGUAGE!! YOU CAN MAKE YOUR VARIABLE NAMES EMOJIS IN SWIFT!!!

Is it possible to make a facepalm emoji

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Could Not Open Font IngloRex 1 14,970 12-19-2020, 05:32 AM
Last Post: poppopret
  Windows Source-Code Collection (1.3TB) Insider 2 20,056 08-09-2020, 09:59 PM
Last Post: Insider
  Exploit source-codes Insider 4 21,036 07-15-2020, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Vector
  iBoot source code ekultek 3 17,173 03-02-2018, 07:02 PM
Last Post: enmafia2