New Section: Malware Development (+And more)
New Section: Malware Development

Added new forum category: "Low-level Security and Malware".
Exactly as it sounds, this is a category for: Low-level security such as Exploit Development, Reverse Engineering.
And also Malware: Malware Development, Malware Analysis, Forensics and Incident response.

Following child-forums have been added:
* Exploit Development
* DFIR and Reverse Engineering

I have also added a new section to GreySec! Malware Development
The point of this section is to further and incentivize our discussion on malware development: Creating malware, bypassing antivirus, gaining & maintaining access in hostile environments using malware. This forum is open and is meant for open source discussion of malware and its techniques.
And also you are most free to share malware source codes.

But keep actual malware samples in "DFIR and Reverse Engineering" since this is more for the Malware analysis part.

More updates
  • "Wargames and Challenges" section has been retired and merged into "General Hacking & Security"
  • Sections ".NET Languages" and "Java and Scala" has been moved into subforums under "General Programming" due to lack of threads and inactivity.
  • "Webmaster discussion" section has been retired and merged into "Open-IT Discussion" due to inactivity. Last thread/post from 2018.
  • Supermoderator "Cypher" has stepped down and will no longer be a part of our Staff team. Thank you for your service!

Future and what's to come
  • Achievement/Accolades system. Quality/merit based will come.
  • Thead prefixes will be added such as : [CTF], [Challenge], [POC] and more. To replace the small forum forums which has been retired.
  • If we se good activity on the Malware Development section I'll also add a "Malcoder" group with access to a private subforum.
  • More challenges to come. More focus will be also be given to our onion/hidden service mirror Smile
  • Possible feature: GreySec groups: Create your own group with your own userbar and section. Exclusive benefit to the "Contributors" usergroup though.
This recent emphasis on malware development and analysis is very interesting, and I think it's a great change for the forum. The key part will be keeping things legal and not intentionally facilitating any nefarious activities. Overall, I think the folks here are pretty good.

Regarding my staff resignation, it was a pleasure to serve. I will make some efforts to contribute to some discussions around here.
(06-09-2020, 10:46 PM)Cypher Wrote: This recent emphasis on malware development and analysis is very interesting, and I think it's a great change for the forum. The key part will be keeping things legal and not intentionally facilitating any nefarious activities. Overall, I think the folks here are pretty good.

Regarding my staff resignation, it was a pleasure to serve. I will make some efforts to contribute to some discussions around here.

That's why I'm keeping it open and open source here Smile And you are welcome back to the team anytime you want!
I'm so glad we finally have a malware section (I've been anticipating it a whole month, long time). I can't wait to see what comes out of it.
Thank you Insider. Malware is one area of OffSec that is very close to my heart. Not only is it fascinating, a well built malware can make the difference in an active engagement.

(06-10-2020, 02:31 AM)Dismal_0x8 Wrote: I'm so glad we finally have a malware section (I've been anticipating it a whole month, long time). I can't wait to see what comes out of it.

Now that we have a dedicated section, and a core group of members for that section what will come out of it is joyous and wondrous and in infinite abundance.
Really happy to the changes that GreySec has been experiencing lately. I can definitely see it improving, thanks for your work and everyone that is helping it become a great source of knowledge.
(06-10-2020, 10:19 AM)enmafia2 Wrote: Really happy to the changes that GreySec has been experiencing lately. I can definitely see it improving, thanks for your work and everyone that is helping it become a great source of knowledge.

Since you've mentioned improvements. I have been organizing our official Github repo as well and have added two repositories. One that serves as knowledge base and another for a OPSEC project GS Devs can work on. I've already written a bunch of source for both repos. So we are going in the right direction.

All improvements taken together will make a big difference in the long run i feel like. Oh that reminds me, you need to accept an invitation to a new GS Github team i set up Smile
(06-10-2020, 03:13 PM)Vector Wrote: All improvements taken together will make a big difference in the long run i feel like. Oh that reminds me, you need to accept an invitation to a new GS Github team i set up Smile

It seems like I am already in. I am not sure, please check it out. In case I have to do something else I am not aware of please tell me.
(06-10-2020, 08:31 PM)enmafia2 Wrote:
(06-10-2020, 03:13 PM)Vector Wrote: All improvements taken together will make a big difference in the long run i feel like. Oh that reminds me, you need to accept an invitation to a new GS Github team i set up Smile

It seems like I am already in. I am not sure, please check it out. In case I have to do something else I am not aware of please tell me.

I think i read you got it in GS Devs chat. It was the invite to a new team for a special repo.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [2020-09-14] Fixed JS issues and IP-ban false positive. Insider 2 22,961 05-21-2022, 01:24 PM
Last Post: MichaelOpeRs
  [New] GreySec PM Messenger DeepLogic 11 52,242 01-05-2022, 02:21 AM
Last Post: kms
  New usergroup + Private Section "Contributors" Insider 3 71,948 01-04-2022, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Insider
  Greysec is back. And here to stay. Insider 26 99,691 01-04-2022, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Insider