Getting traffic from Reddit
I read this from somewhere else, credits to Harismran3865 from BHW. 

So whenever we make a new article, we always share it to social media, Facebook, twitter, Digg, StumbleUpon, and Reddit. Now reddit is more powerful than you think, what I've noticed is that if you can get 5-7 or more upvotes on your link/article that can drive a ton of traffic to your website. So my question is how many of you already do this? I've seen some people make skype groups and upvote each others articles, and was wondering if this is something that I should do, of course not using skype. 
(12-06-2015, 05:24 PM)Enthusiasm Wrote: I read this from somewhere else, credits to Harismran3865 from BHW. 

So whenever we make a new article, we always share it to social media, Facebook, twitter, Digg, StumbleUpon, and Reddit. Now reddit is more powerful than you think, what I've noticed is that if you can get 5-7 or more upvotes on your link/article that can drive a ton of traffic to your website. So my question is how many of you already do this? I've seen some people make skype groups and upvote each others articles, and was wondering if this is something that I should do, of course not using skype. 

I think the general idea is that for every person you have upvote that can represent a group of people per upvote. Assuming that there is 10 people who view a link for every upvote means around 7 upvotes equates to about 70 page views. Having upvotes doesn't automagically give you page views, if you had enough you might be able to get your post to the front page of a subreddit, which would be good. But the only upvotes that drive traffic would be organic.

It would also be a good idea to set up Google Analytics to monitor linked traffic from places like reddit and digg. If you're getting 0 traffic from a link sharing platform it is worth dropping that platform and focusing on more successful methods.

tl;dr Non-organic upvotes only matter if they get you to the front page of a subreddit. Monitor your traffic sources with Google Analytics to confirm success.
(12-06-2015, 09:31 PM)NO-OP Wrote:
(12-06-2015, 05:24 PM)Enthusiasm Wrote: I read this from somewhere else, credits to Harismran3865 from BHW. 

I think the general idea is that for every person you have upvote that can represent a group of people per upvote.  Assuming that there is 10 people who view a link for every upvote means around 7 upvotes equates to about 70 page views.  Having upvotes doesn't automagically give you page views, if you had enough you might be able to get your post to the front page of a subreddit, which would be good.  But the only upvotes that drive traffic would be organic.

It would also be a good idea to set up Google Analytics to monitor linked traffic from places like reddit and digg.  If you're getting 0 traffic from a link sharing platform it is worth dropping that platform and focusing on more successful methods.

tl;dr Non-organic upvotes only matter if they get you to the front page of a subreddit.  Monitor your traffic sources with Google Analytics to confirm success.

Thanks for the input, I'll definitely do that when I get my site up and running.
Just make 7 accounts and use them to upvote your article. Or do they detect and shadow block that?
Regarding to this topic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxNvUWN3vYk
(12-17-2016, 01:41 PM)reqq456 Wrote: Regarding to this topic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxNvUWN3vYk

Very interesting! Kind of spooky though :p I guess social networks are the new instruments of influence for outside parties. Just seeing the election and with all the talk about fake news.
To add to this I used reddit when promoting some of my smaller sites in the past, and on average each post got around 42 clicks per upvote. So when I got 7 upvotes I got around 294 clicks and when I got 2000 upvotes I got closer to 70k. Very effective marketing if your site can handle it. Probably even more now that reddit is even more popular than ever before.
(12-17-2016, 05:03 PM)Cuck Wrote: To add to this I used reddit when promoting some of my smaller sites in the past, and on average each post got around 42 clicks per upvote. So when I got 7 upvotes I got around 294 clicks and when I got 2000 upvotes I got closer to 70k. Very effective marketing if your site can handle it. Probably even more now that reddit is even more popular than ever before.

Yeah reddit is a good promotion platform, especially for smaller websites. I used it to promote another forum back in the day, got 15 referrals in less than hour. Speaking of which I will promote GreySec on there soon as well :p Hopefully it will bring in more smart users, just need to post it on the right subreddit.
The ideas are good in order to generate back links to the website and improve the search visibility of keywords by reaching the targeted users.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone doing traffic monetization? what's your main revenue coming from? TommyR00t 2 5,580 03-08-2017, 04:09 PM
Last Post: Insider