where can I go to access content you can't post elsewhere?
So I know that you can't post advanced hacking videos on YouTube. i also know that you can't post content that isn't politically incorrect on a number of popular websites.

Why isn't there a place to watch and read banned content? I mean like places to watch content that isn't safe for YouTube, CNN, and MSNBC.

Could someone help me out here because it sounds quite plausible that this already exists and isn't advertised?

I mean even an onion link would be great but I'm looking for somewhere besides the dark web.

See what I mean?

I would prefer something that is easily accessible, not likely to get taken down anytime soon (or hopefully ever), and isn't run by criminals.'

What do you say? I google it and don't get very good results.

Specifically, I'm looking for:

1. a place to read politically incorrect news content they don't want people to read. I don't mean some conservative biased news outlet like Fox News. I want a place that has political diversity, or at the minimum is indiscriminate about their content
  2. a place to watch videos, like politically incorrect documentaries or news shows, that have banned or that are likely to get banned if they are posted on mainstream sources like YouTube
  3. a place to watch forbidden DIY tutorials such as advanced hacking or other things that YouTube, MakeUseOf, etc. strictly don't allow.
Could someone point me in the right direction?

I google it and don't get good results.
4chan literally meets all of these requirements, given you go to the right boards.

Want to make your own DIY/homebrew guns, explosives, etc.? /k/.
Have an obscure question about chemistry to manufacture your own drugs? /sci/, although they'll probably just direct you to a textbook.
Want to hear politically incorrect shit? /pol/.
Anything video related goes to /gif/ or whatever SFW/NSFW variants it has.
/g/ is supposed to be tech related, but honestly it's usually just circlejerking with desktop threads, /csg/ and the usual "now that the dust has settled, X or Y?" type threads. Lainchan is probably better for tech-related stuff.
(07-31-2020, 04:51 PM)poppopret Wrote: 4chan literally meets all of these requirements, given you go to the right boards.

Want to make your own DIY/homebrew guns, explosives, etc.? /k/.
Have an obscure question about chemistry to manufacture your own drugs? /sci/, although they'll probably just direct you to a textbook.
Want to hear politically incorrect shit? /pol/.
Anything video related goes to /gif/ or whatever SFW/NSFW variants it has.
/g/ is supposed to be tech related, but honestly it's usually just circlejerking with desktop threads, /csg/ and the usual "now that the dust has settled, X or Y?" type threads. Lainchan is probably better for tech-related stuff.

I'm looking for something with real content. Not some dumb teenage thing. Like my Dad once told me a story of a Jamaican doctor (a credible source) who specialized in the exact forms of the body related to the Coronavirus like immune system, etc. She posted a video saying she used hydroxychloriquin to treat hundreds of patients in a brief period of time and then those patients got better. The video and corresponding news article were quickly taken down.

Another example is the idea that people who post advanced hacking videos about how to use a WiFi Pineapple to WiFi phish WPA2-Enterprise WiFi at a school and they get taken down.

I'm looking for intelligent topics, not just a bunch of fourth grade shit.

See what I mean?
not exactly website or form but the-eye have some interesting books.

null-byte also have good articles about penetration testing.
(07-31-2020, 10:01 PM)QMark Wrote: I'm looking for something with real content. Not some dumb teenage thing. Like my Dad once told me a story of a Jamaican doctor (a credible source) who specialized in the exact forms of the body related to the Coronavirus like immune system, etc. She posted a video saying she used hydroxychloriquin to treat hundreds of patients in a brief period of time and then those patients got better. The video and corresponding news article were quickly taken down.

Another example is the idea that people who post advanced hacking videos about how to use a WiFi Pineapple to WiFi phish WPA2-Enterprise WiFi at a school and they get taken down.

See what I mean?

And you completely disregarded my entire post while bringing in irrelevant side-stories. Congrats.

First I'll address the doctor part, since people just don't seem to understand how academic fields operate.

If a doctor is able to cure patients using a drug that isn't approved by any health/safety/pharmaceutical commission for regular treatment, they need to get approval by said commission to a trial run of the drug and provide all relevant empirical data to prove whether the drug has had any effect or not.
In this case, the data is published and will be assigned a Digital Object Identifier (DOI) code. By extension, for it to hold credible value without being withdrawn, it must pass a peer-reviewing phase in which other academics attempt to either recreate the data, or find ways to disprove it.

So if scientific papers and evidence are what you're looking for in terms of 'forbidden knowledge', sign up at an educational institution and get access to some databases like JSTOR. Or if that's too much effort and money, just use SciHub.

Now, you're already thinking 'yeah, it got withdrawn from public domain!' because you can't find the 'article' or whatever statements were made.

"Withdrawn" DOES NOT MEAN "Censored". Withdrawn simply means that the paper CANNOT BE USED as a source for other papers which are written within the same/similar field.

In other words, if the doctor provides data which has still not been peer-reviewed, it's considered Withdrawn until it is. During that time-period, no other academic can use that data set and documentation as a source for their own experiments and observations.

If the data is actually real and not unpublished, you will be able to find a DOI. If it is unpublished, you'd never know. But you can't just blindly trust a statement made by a doctor because they're a doctor if they haven't provided any actual, concrete evidence of the statements they are making. That's called an appeal to authority.

Oh, and if they actually existed in the first place, you should be able to find them with Wayback Machine, so again, not really 'censored/deleted from the internet' or whatever you're implying happened.

And Wifipineapple videos aren't censored. There's literally hundreds online, not to mention all the actual text-based documentation you can find on the subject. The pineapple is basically just a shittier/more expensive raspberry pi with a fatter antenna, but still runs all the same open-source scripts. Add 2+2 and you should be able to figure it out on your own without too much trouble. There's no need for a video to hold your hand if you're trying to do something illegal anyway.

As for finding intelligent topics online, it really depends what exactly you're looking for because 'intelligent topics' can span literally any academic field, but your only options are:
1. Stop using the internet and go to your local library
2. Be smart enough to understand scientific papers
3. Do your own research about something you want to learn about instead of trying to find someone who explains it to you.

If anything, your wifi-pineapple example is more '4th grade' than anything you'll find on 4chan's /sci/.
(08-02-2020, 03:12 PM)poppopret Wrote:
(07-31-2020, 10:01 PM)QMark Wrote: I'm looking for something with real content. Not some dumb teenage thing. Like my Dad once told me a story of a Jamaican doctor (a credible source) who specialized in the exact forms of the body related to the Coronavirus like immune system, etc. She posted a video saying she used hydroxychloriquin to treat hundreds of patients in a brief period of time and then those patients got better. The video and corresponding news article were quickly taken down.

See what I mean?

And you completely disregarded my entire post while bringing in irrelevant side-stories. Congrats.

First I'll address the doctor part, since people just don't seem to understand how academic fields operate.

If a doctor is able to cure patients using a drug that isn't approved by any health/safety/pharmaceutical commission for regular treatment, they need to get approval by said commission to a trial run of the drug and provide all relevant empirical data to prove whether the drug has had any effect or not.
In this case, the data is published and will be assigned a Digital Object Identifier (DOI) code. By extension, for it to hold credible value without being withdrawn, it must pass a peer-reviewing phase in which other academics attempt to either recreate the data, or find ways to disprove it.

So if scientific papers and evidence are what you're looking for in terms of 'forbidden knowledge', sign up at an educational institution and get access to some databases like JSTOR. Or if that's too much effort and money, just use SciHub.

Now, you're already thinking 'yeah, it got withdrawn from public domain!' because you can't find the 'article' or whatever statements were made.

"Withdrawn" DOES NOT MEAN "Censored". Withdrawn simply means that the paper CANNOT BE USED as a source for other papers which are written within the same/similar field.

In other words, if the doctor provides data which has still not been peer-reviewed, it's considered Withdrawn until it is. During that time-period, no other academic can use that data set and documentation as a source for their own experiments and observations.

If the data is actually real and not unpublished, you will be able to find a DOI. If it is unpublished, you'd never know. But you can't just blindly trust a statement made by a doctor because they're a doctor if they haven't provided any actual, concrete evidence of the statements they are making. That's called an appeal to authority.

Oh, and if they actually existed in the first place, you should be able to find them with Wayback Machine, so again, not really 'censored/deleted from the internet' or whatever you're implying happened.

And Wifipineapple videos aren't censored. There's literally hundreds online, not to mention all the actual text-based documentation you can find on the subject. The pineapple is basically just a shittier/more expensive raspberry pi with a fatter antenna, but still runs all the same open-source scripts. Add 2+2 and you should be able to figure it out on your own without too much trouble. There's no need for a video to hold your hand if you're trying to do something illegal anyway.

As for finding intelligent topics online, it really depends what exactly you're looking for because 'intelligent topics' can span literally any academic field, but your only options are:
1. Stop using the internet and go to your local library
2. Be smart enough to understand scientific papers
3. Do your own research about something you want to learn about instead of trying to find someone who explains it to you.

If anything, your wifi-pineapple example is more '4th grade' than anything you'll find on 4chan's /sci/.

Right ok that all makes sense but...

The reason I ask is in every country except the US hydroxychloriquine is approved to treat Coronavirus but not in US. Would it be easy to look at a UK scientific paper and conclude that it works?

Also, it sounds like once one knows regular WiFi hacking, a pineapple is easy. Would you say that’s valid?
(08-02-2020, 06:27 PM)QMark Wrote: Would it be easy to look at a UK scientific paper and conclude that it works?

This question phrased in such a way that it clearly demonstrates your personal bias. You're looking for studies that support your belief.

So the answer is no. It would not be easy to find a UK scientific paper and conclude that hydroxychloroquine effectively treats coronavirus - because UK studies, including the worlds largest, completed by Oxford university - have shown that hydroxychloroquine does not have any effect on treating coronavirus. In fact, some studies show negative side effects of the drug on hospitalized patients. 

You speak of some random jamaican doctor - well i'll remind you of Andrew Wakefield. The doctor that single handedly started the modern anti-vaxx movement, and has since been thoroughly debunked. And yet thousands of kids have been put at risk over the last two + decades because of him. Even now there are fears of potential not-yet-created coronvirus vaccines because he created doubt in the scientific method and vaccine development. So ya - I'm going to go with the studies out of the likes of Oxford o ver some random jamaican doctor your dad knew. 

(08-02-2020, 06:27 PM)QMark Wrote: Also, it sounds like once one knows regular WiFi hacking, a pineapple is easy. Would you say that’s valid?

Of course. A pineapple is literally just a tiny computer that's been purpose built for wireless hacking. You could install Kali linux on your laptop and accomplish exactly the same things, with a suitable external wireless adapter or two. In fact - I'd bet that if you went out and bought a pineapple, and did not have any pre-existing knowledge of wifi hacking- you probably couldn't do much with it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How did you find GreySec? Insider 11 2,716 07-28-2020, 01:19 AM
Last Post: QMark
  What are you currently listening to? Vi-Sion 21 10,927 06-25-2020, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Insider
  Do you have a Gucci coat? LOSTINSAUCE 16 11,047 05-25-2020, 06:19 PM
Last Post: WendyMorris
  could someone help me access my netacad course? QMark 4 1,272 05-23-2020, 05:53 PM
Last Post: DeepLogic