[2020-08-13] Expanding the staff-team
[2020-08-13] Expanding the staff-team

I'm changing things up in the community and looking what I can optimize and improve lately! One of those things is to increase staff coverage for when I'm offline. There's not a whole thing to do as staff these days but an important job will be to approve new posts. And deny-spam posts, which is crucial to keeping this forum clean and functioning Smile

Welcome our new staff to the team!
- New supermoderator: MuddyBucket.
- New section moderator for "Malware Development": Vector.
- New section moderator for "GreySec Developers": Vector.

See full list of staff here: https://greysec.net/showteam.php

I don't take staff applications. But if you are interested in becoming a more limited "Section" moderator; with access to just one section. Please let me know and I will keep it in mind. Base requirement is that you have no low quality posts, and that you have some expertise in that topic/section.
Welcome to the staff team Muddy, and nice to see new sections, hopefully soon full of content Tongue
spam or low quality post is subjective so instead of deleting them why not merge/add them in new section specific for spam posts.you don't have to show those posts in 'Latest posts' field but user can access them from spam section if they want.
(08-14-2020, 04:22 PM)thunder011 Wrote: spam or low quality post is subjective so instead of deleting them why not merge/add them in new section specific for spam posts.you don't have to show those posts in 'Latest posts' field but user can access them from spam section if they want.

Yeah, actually, it's not subjective at all. At the end of the day, the only thing that all low-quality posts have in common is the fact that none add anything relevant to the actual discussion.
  • Blatantly advertising your own service/product as a shameless self-plug (often in irrelevant places)
  • Posting one-word replies ('ty', 'thanks4share' etc.)
  • Posting malicious content
As a short list.

It's really not difficult to discern and pruning/removing spam posts cleans up the database (which MyBB is notorious for managing poorly) to keep the rest of the site running relatively smoothly.
(08-14-2020, 05:44 PM)poppopret Wrote:
(08-14-2020, 04:22 PM)thunder011 Wrote: spam or low quality post is subjective so instead of deleting them why not merge/add them in new section specific for spam posts.you don't have to show those posts in 'Latest posts' field but user can access them from spam section if they want.

Yeah, actually, it's not subjective at all. At the end of the day, the only thing that all low-quality posts have in common is the fact that none add anything relevant to the actual discussion.
  • Blatantly advertising your own service/product as a shameless self-plug (often in irrelevant places)
  • Posting one-word replies ('ty', 'thanks4share' etc.)
  • Posting malicious content
As a short list.

It's really not difficult to discern and pruning/removing spam posts cleans up the database (which MyBB is notorious for managing poorly) to keep the rest of the site running relatively smoothly.

Popporet is right. But let's say for argument's sake spam and low quality posts are subjective. That implies it is the opinion of the staff that will determine whether a post will get deleted or not. And if that were true, you still wouldn't have a valid argument Thunder101, since the staff represents the views of the administration our actions will reflect those views in service of ensuring quality and improvements of the forum and it's content in general.
(08-20-2020, 10:52 AM)Vector Wrote: since the staff represents the views of the administration our actions will reflect those views in service of ensuring quality and improvements of the forum and it's content in general.

This. We want a high quality community. You don't get a high quality forum by having people fill it with garbage.

So yes - it is subjective - and it's subject to the stated objectives of the forum/community. We don't want crap here. And most of the time it's pure crap. If you wanna get scammed from people selling cardz - im sure there are other sites you can find it.
(08-24-2020, 10:41 PM)MuddyBucket Wrote:  If you wanna get scammed from people selling cardz - im sure there are other sites you can find it

no need to be harsh sir, i was just stating my opinion.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [2020-09-14] Fixed JS issues and IP-ban false positive. Insider 1 2,873 09-15-2020, 09:13 AM
Last Post: enmafia2
  [2020-07-29] Fixed Tor Block/Ban Insider 0 2,523 07-30-2020, 12:41 AM
Last Post: Insider
  [2020-06-11] Minor change + Awards (WIP) Insider 2 3,398 06-18-2020, 09:56 AM
  [2020-03-27] Scaling down the forum among other things. Insider 0 3,273 03-28-2020, 05:22 AM