Two gaming rigs one CPU

Youtube video loads are currently having issues so here's a direct link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuJYMCbIbPk

I thought this was an interesting concept and something I had never thought of.  Makes me wish I had that kind of cash around to build these types of machines.  Either way interesting way to set up independent machines with different peripherals on the same box.
damn this is super cool a machine like this is the dream of every gamer too bad it i can't afford it
(12-16-2015, 07:16 AM)Vi-Sion Wrote: damn this is super cool a machine like this is the dream of every gamer too bad it i can't afford it

Right? Everything Linus builds has terabytes of SSD, insane GFX cards, and a billion cores. I am envious of his connections and access to toys. But in 10 years it will be the norm.
(12-16-2015, 07:58 AM)NO-OP Wrote:
(12-16-2015, 07:16 AM)Vi-Sion Wrote: damn this is super cool a machine like this is the dream of every gamer too bad it i can't afford it

Right? Everything Linus builds has terabytes of SSD, insane GFX cards, and a billion cores. I am envious of his connections and access to toys. But in 10 years it will be the norm.

In 10 years this technology will be inferior.

Something like this would be cool to have, but kind of useless too.
Also, wouldn't rely on a usb flash drive to host something like this. Also, unraid is overpriced as fuck.
I do agree here. In 10 years this would be useless.
maybe 10 years later you'll find 10 pcs in 1 case.
(12-16-2015, 10:23 PM)Vi-Sion Wrote: I do agree here. In 10 years this would be useless.
maybe 10 years later you'll find 10 pcs in 1 case.

This would be a step backwards into whats called a multiseat configuration which was common in the 80s (and 70s?) With the personal computer came freedom to not need to share a motherboard and CPU.

With the speed of local networking, its far cheaper to get several weak machines networked to connect to a single powerful server that will stream the displays (like say using an Xorg terminal) rather than shoving multiple graphics cards and stuff into a single box.
Perfect for tournaments where people have to 1v1 each other Tongue
well this just got upgraded, a lot....

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FibonacciBench - A simple CPU benchmark NeTTwork 0 4,445 06-12-2015, 07:16 AM
Last Post: NeTTwork