is it possible to lie to someone who can read body language AND facial expressions?
So I've been reading The Definitive Book by Body Language by Allan Pease and Barbara Pease. It seems like it would be very difficult to lie to someone who can read body language and facial expressions based on chapter one. Is this possible and if so how?

The book says con-artists do it with practice. How does one do that?

On a side note, I have finished reading How to Win Friends and Influence People and I loved it. After I completed the actual book, I downloaded a summary that I am gonna listen to every day to remind myself of the entire book. I also am gonna read the notes someone sent me. I highly recommend HTWFIP for anyone that wants to practice basic social skills.
Reading body language is not a precise science. People can be fooled and make mistakes, people can break from pattern and expectations. Its also simply imperfect on a whole, it can give some confidence that someone is lying but not 100% confident someone is lying.
(09-22-2020, 04:07 AM)dropzone Wrote: Reading body language is not a precise science. People can be fooled and make mistakes, people can break from pattern and expectations. Its also simply imperfect on a whole, it can give some confidence that someone is lying but not 100% confident someone is lying.

Ok, that makes sense. So if someone learned to control their own body language and micro-expressions then it would be easy just because body language training isn't perfect.
Great suggestion for the book, I'm gonna read it as I'm fascinated with reading body language/ facial expression, human manipulation, SE, etc...

I found it
https://images.kw.com/docs/2/1/2/212345/...twfaip.pdf

And I have to agree with dropzone, this is not a precise science since you could practice to fool who's trying to read your body language (with a lot of exercise), or who's reading could misunderstood your movements.

You maybe can get an idea of what the person in front of you would do/think, but you'll never be 100% sure.
(10-29-2020, 02:26 PM)overfl0wN Wrote: Great suggestion for the book, I'm gonna read it as I'm fascinated with reading body language/ facial expression, human manipulation, SE, etc...

I found it
https://images.kw.com/docs/2/1/2/212345/...twfaip.pdf

And I have to agree with dropzone, this is not a precise science since you could practice to fool who's trying to read your body language (with a lot of exercise), or who's reading could misunderstood your movements.

You maybe can get an idea of what the person in front of you would do/think, but you'll never be 100% sure.

So how do I learn to control my body language?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can someone learn human manipulation and use it to hack if they are bad at lying? QMark 3 2,469 08-02-2020, 06:52 PM
Last Post: QMark
  can someone with autism and psychosis learn social engineering? QMark 5 5,035 04-03-2020, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Insider
  How to get more information about the account and password of the website 林琀琀 4 10,234 09-03-2018, 07:03 AM
Last Post: LingYun
  Is it possible to social engineer a wifi screen name? QMark 7 10,000 03-03-2018, 09:10 AM
Last Post: QMark