GreySec Zine 2021 Q1 - Call for papers!

GreySec Zine 2021 Q1 - Call for papers!

Hello fellow members of GreySec! And the everyone else reading this. I've been thinking of this for a long time, and I've decided to do it finally. That is start an editorial hacker ezine administered by GreySec. Our own offical E-zine on the internet.

Unfamillar with E-zine or Zine? Read the following:
Wikipedia Wrote:A zine (/ziːn/ ZEEN; short for magazine or fanzine) is a small-circulation self-published work of original or appropriated texts and images, usually reproduced via a copy machine. Zines are the product of either a single person or of a very small group, and are popularly photocopied into physical prints for circulation.

Specifically I'm thinking that we'll release a hacker/underground esque E-zine with content such as:
  • Tutorials - Whitepapers - Write-ups.
  • Source codes of all kinds (Malware, exploits, tools etc)
  • POCs / Exploits.
  • Interviews.
  • Misc.
  • Stories.
  • More...

There's plenty of famous hacker-zines out there. Take some examples: Phrack or 2600.

It was also pretty prevalent during the earlier days of hacking. With many of the vx/virus coders doing this:
Code [No Highlight]:

29a

40hex

Asterix

Brigada Ocho

eof-project

Codebreakers

coderz.net zine

DarK-CodeZ

D.D.T

IKX

doomriderz

inception

Immortal Riot

matrix

rRlf

VLAD
And more...

I'd like to pay homage to the underground hacking scene we all came from, and I'd like GreySec to leave a mark behind too. So launching an official E-zine would be tool.

So, back to the topic at hand. I plan to release it as HTML & PDF format both here on GreySec and on its own darknet site (coming soon). With an schedual of one release every quater. So for the first deadline, see below:

Deadline: Q1: Fiscal year 1 of 2021 a.k.a 31st of march 2021.

Call for papers
So, this is a thread with a so called "call for papers". I'm looking for community submissions from you guys. Please let me know if you have anything to share ot submit to our zine.

It could be a write-up of an exploit you did, a POC, malware you've built, tutorial or guide you've made. It doesn't have to be that technical either, if you have something else to share like a funny story from your hacking endeavours, some advice or anything.

Only requirement here is that it should be something related to hacking.

NOTE: Also if you have any cool artwork to share I'm open for it as well. Like ASCII art, DEMO stuff etc.

I accept submissions from everyone, you don't need to be a member of GreySec either.

Acceptable formats: HTML, PDF, TXT etc. Something I can read well.

How to submit:
  • Contact me on PM (Here).
  • Contact me on email: insider@greysec.net
  • Contact me on xmpp+OTR: insider@greysec.net
  • Contact me on twitter: https://twitter.com/cypheractivist
  • Contact me on Discord: Insider#4846

Send your submission before 31st of march.
I think there's a lot of nostalgia for the old school hacker zines. And considering the amount of talent we have collectively, an endeavor like this seems well within our capabilities as a community.

I had been working on an article regarding advanced port scanning for hackers for TotM a while ago but i wouldn't mind having the finished work published in a GS Zine. I also wouldn't mind contributing some ASCII art.

Pretty excited to see the end result come Q1 of 2021.
I'm a free agent. Send me a DM with what you need done and I can help out with:
  • Writing out the content in a more presentable manner
  • Editing/Formatting
  • Proofreading
  • Feedback
  • Most other things.

NOTE: I won't write you the whole paper, but if you want any touch-ups, reach out to me. It's free Smile
Might work on something of my own in the meantime.
It's very cool to participate guys. Nd that's really professional as a hacking community work.
It will be awesome if every experimented member
participate and share interesting personal papers to the gs ezine!, well I'M INTO THIS !
I'll contact u soon Wink

Thanks.
Glad to hear your enthusiasm Smile I'll see if I can organize some cool group chat for everyone that works so we can throw ideas at each other.

I'll write some papers on my own ofc. Got a whole week off work soon.
Yes it should be pretty cool organized, take all ur time u need to do it.. maybe telegram or discord will do the job, then finally as you like. Cheers bebop Tongue
I suggest setting up an Element room. Element runs on Matrix Protocol, and is basically secure Discord. I've been playing with the SDK recently and it's a versatile IM implementation.

I know first quarter is over already however i would like to see some effort made towards creating a Zine. Perhaps when i have some time, i will start a document, design a layout and add some of my own research and content, plus that of other GS Members there.

Sorry for the lack of activity on my part but i got a new gig a bit ago, and it's been taking up a lot of my time. I have more time on my hands currently however and i think a Zine would be a great addition to our collective body of work.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [New] GreySec PM Messenger DeepLogic 11 36,342 01-05-2022, 02:21 AM
Last Post: kms
  Greysec is back. And here to stay. Insider 26 69,951 01-04-2022, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Insider
  2021 November Update Insider 5 4,242 12-24-2021, 01:49 PM
Last Post: dev
  2021 Update - Revamp of rules and more... Insider 0 10,209 02-04-2021, 01:14 AM
Last Post: Insider