Other communities related to security
While I really like this forum, it is obviously quite small and slow. This is not necessarily bad, but I would like to hear if there are any other places you like to look at.
Are there any forums, irc channels or even mailing lists to discuss security? Anything is welcome, as long as it is somewhat privacy respecting (therefore no discord channels or websites that block tor access)
Feel free to send me a PM if you don't feel like publicly mentioning something but I think most places will only benefit from a little more activity.
(02-08-2021, 09:58 AM)chios Wrote: While I really like this forum, it is obviously quite small and slow. This is not necessarily bad, but I would like to hear if there are any other places you like to look at.
Are there any forums, irc channels or even mailing lists to discuss security? Anything is welcome, as long as it is somewhat privacy respecting (therefore no discord channels or websites that block tor access)
Feel free to send me a PM if you don't feel like publicly mentioning something but I think most places will only benefit from a little more activity.

Yeah! I'm also interested in hearing other places besides here. I'd like to grow in as many communities as possible, including this one.
Normally mentioning competing forums isn't allowed but I'll allow it in this context. Just as long as it isn't done with the pure intent of advertising Smile I should probably re-word the rules there.

I understand where you're coming from. The forum can be slow, would be pretty nice to chat some sort of chat to get to know people more. GreySec has a discord but it isn't exactly privacy friendly. Especially for Tor users, not sure if they allow Tor.

We used have IRC here and there. On Freenode, Rizon etc. But they don't seem to be very Tor friendly these days either. But actually for your information I'm working on setting up IRC access for GreySec at the moment.
- Our own Server. Clearnet and Onion/Tor access.
- Bridge together #General chat with discord. So we can chat with each other. Of course, I'll probably add a IRC-only channel too.

Already fixed the IRC on Tor and all. But working on fixing NickServe, Clearnet access, Discord Bridge and make sure it's locked down tight!  Coming soon...

But on the topic on security-communities. One cool place I would shoutout is https://0x00sec.org/
(02-09-2021, 06:35 PM)Insider Wrote: Normally mentioning competing forums isn't allowed but I'll allow it in this context. Just as long as it isn't done with the pure intent of advertising Smile I should probably re-word the rules there.

I understand where you're coming from. The forum can be slow, would be pretty nice to chat some sort of chat to get to know people more. GreySec has a discord but it isn't exactly privacy friendly. Especially for Tor users, not sure if they allow Tor.

We used have IRC here and there. On Freenode, Rizon etc. But they don't seem to be very Tor friendly these days either. But actually for your information I'm working on setting up IRC access for GreySec at the moment.
- Bridge together #General chat with discord. So we can chat with each other. Of course, I'll probably add a IRC-only channel too.

Already fixed the IRC on Tor and all. But working on fixing NickServe, Clearnet access, Discord Bridge and make sure it's locked down tight!  Coming soon...

But on the topic on security-communities. One cool place I would shoutout is https://0x00sec.org/

Can confirm Tor doesn't work for Discord, you just get an infinite google recaptcha.
(02-09-2021, 06:35 PM)Insider Wrote: Normally mentioning competing forums isn't allowed but I'll allow it in this context. Just as long as it isn't done with the pure intent of advertising Smile I should probably re-word the rules there.
Oh I remember that rule now but to be honest I didn't think of it when making this post. Glad that you are okay with it.
(02-09-2021, 06:35 PM)Insider Wrote: But actually for your information I'm working on setting up IRC access for GreySec at the moment.

Great idea! I think its a shame that irc is losing popularity, I'm a big fan of simple protocols.

(02-09-2021, 06:35 PM)Insider Wrote: But on the topic on security-communities. One cool place I would shoutout is https://0x00sec.org/
Thanks a lot for that, it looks like a nice place. I already found some interesting posts.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  which would be better for a job in cyber security? QMark 6 9,103 09-01-2020, 05:19 AM
Last Post: QMark
  Pentester academy Wifi security course request mohan99 1 4,859 07-13-2020, 07:40 AM
Last Post: thunder011
  which is better: elearn security or SANS? QMark 5 5,630 04-30-2020, 06:56 PM
Last Post: QMark
  Starting in cyber security (PATH/GUIDE) Lummania 0 5,632 05-14-2018, 10:21 PM
Last Post: Lummania