Database Parsing
Senpai Wrote: thanks, using sarcasm to get helper monkeys to do my work is fun.

So you're lazy on top of being stupid. No worries.

A moment of time is to call out a worthless piece of shit like you is a small price to pay.
(01-01-2016, 12:27 PM)MuddyBucket Wrote:
Senpai Wrote: thanks, using sarcasm to get helper monkeys to do my work is fun.

So you're lazy on top of being stupid. No worries.

A moment of time is to call out a worthless piece of shit like you is a small price to pay.

if not wanting to wasting my time to write up code i personally don't need (a friend needs it), after coding for 8 hours every day is being lazy, so be it.

i know i'd rather get some clown on a forum to waste their time unknowingly doing something for my friend than waste my time doing it myself. but i guess time is less important for some people. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
(01-01-2016, 12:38 PM)Senpai Wrote: if not wanting to wasting my time to write up code i personally don't need (a friend needs it), after coding for 8 hours every day is being lazy, so be it.

i know i'd rather get some clown on a forum to waste their time unknowingly doing something for my friend than waste my time doing it myself. but i guess time is less important for some people. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You're full of shit. That code literally took less than 2 minutes to create and was simple as fuck. And it only took that long cause i missed the fact that the dataset wasn't actually consistent. Had to go from 5 lines of code to 8.

You simply don't have the coding skills to something that basic. Not sure what's more sad, you're inability to code - or the fact that you're trying to pass it off as a con out of laziness.
(01-01-2016, 01:17 PM)MuddyBucket Wrote:
(01-01-2016, 12:38 PM)Senpai Wrote: if not wanting to wasting my time to write up code i personally don't need (a friend needs it), after coding for 8 hours every day is being lazy, so be it.

You're full of shit. That code literally took less than 2 minutes to create and was simple as fuck. And it only took that long cause i missed the fact that the dataset wasn't actually consistent. Had to go from 5 lines of code to 8.

You simply don't have the coding skills to something that basic. Not sure what's more sad, you're inability to code - or the fact that you're trying to pass it off as a con out of laziness.

The fact that you don't believe me makes it more hilarious in my eyes.

[Image: mborzv.png]

Settle down kid, lmao.

If I really cared about it, I would've modified my ruby gem.
Come on guys, let's not get too carried away before a moderator or Insider has to step in.
Everyone just relax. Stay on topic, OP is trying to offer a service here. Haha.
Even if the job is pretty easy, I prefer finding databases that are parsed in TSV, better format in my opinion in this case. (And I ask why some wtf hackers are releasing databases in another format that SQL or CSV(-like) ???)
(01-04-2016, 07:04 PM)cisla Wrote: Even if the job is pretty easy, I prefer finding databases that are parsed in TSV, better format in my opinion in this case. (And I ask why some wtf hackers are releasing databases in another format that SQL or CSV(-like) ???)

I mostly get them like:
Code:
username    email    hash    ip

If I wanna import that, then I'll just use \t as separator.
I'd actually like to learn how to parse such databases somewhere.
Can anyone inform me or link me of how this is exactly done?
(02-20-2016, 02:52 PM)SHA1 Wrote: I'd actually like to learn how to parse such databases somewhere.

Look into different ways of text processing also generally if you want to parse something knowing Regular Expressions will help a lot.
(02-20-2016, 05:53 PM)Insider Wrote:
(02-20-2016, 02:52 PM)SHA1 Wrote: I'd actually like to learn how to parse such databases somewhere.

Look into different ways of text processing also generally if you want to parse something knowing Regular Expressions will help a lot.

Thank you for your reply.

Currently I parse all my databases using Regular Expressions in my regular text editor, but sometimes this gives errors.
I've also heard from someone that parsing is possible using:
Code:
cat database.sql | cut -d "," -f2,3,4,7,64
Which I currently prefer more.
I will look into your link or text-processing.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Database Thread Insider 36 80,236 04-29-2020, 02:51 PM
Last Post: Insider
  Bypass 'Hidden Content' & Database Resources sock 0 7,533 04-02-2018, 02:42 PM
Last Post: sock
  barbelith database Merged 7 12,980 12-26-2017, 02:31 AM
Last Post: blahblahblah
  Database List - catz 2 7,935 02-25-2017, 01:16 PM
Last Post: greekhuge