UK members make sure to opt out of this NHS data grab
https://reclaimthenet.org/nhs-data-opt-out/

Original deadline was June 23 now been pushed back to September.
This is fuckin insane??? They take data, and people can opt-out? Really?

Either those data is very important to fight the epidemy, or you just hand off your citizen's data?
Dam this is fucked up, it's crazy that we have to opt out of this, when the fuck did we opt in? When we were born? lmao.
(06-15-2021, 02:06 PM)printers Wrote: Dam this is fucked up, it's crazy that we have to opt out of this, when the fuck did we opt in? When we were born? lmao.

Well, while consent is one the most used (and easiest) ways to obtain permission for data processing, it is not the only one.
Health data is considered sensitive, and I am pretty sure NHS has really consulted people who know the law.
As UK left the EU I don't know how it has impacted the laws, however, I have made some quick searches and found:

Quote:The UK GDPR sets a high standard for consent. But you often won’t need consent. If consent is difficult, look for a different lawful basis.
Source: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/gui...g/consent/

Perhaps some details may vary from the EU normative, but for the most part I assume it will follow the Art. 6 GDPR Lawfulness of processing:
Quote:Processing shall be lawful only if and to the extent that at least one of the following applies:

1. the data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes;
  2. processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract;
  3. processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject;
  4. processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the data subject or of another natural person;
  5. processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller;
  6. processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
Source: https://gdpr.eu/article-6-how-to-process...a-legally/

I don't know which of these points exactly the NHS is using to use the data, but all I want to say is that a clickwrap is not the only way to obtain consent Smile
(06-15-2021, 02:06 PM)printers Wrote: Dam this is fucked up, it's crazy that we have to opt out of this, when the fuck did we opt in? When we were born? lmao.

The british government really hates the idea of anyone having privacy. They're trying to push through a new law called the Online Harms Bill which will make providers more responsible for the content people send through it. It's a very transparent attack on end to end encryption but the old "think of the children" tactic always sways a lot of minds.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does anyone know where to find the SHEIN data dump? InfinityDark 0 5,515 03-11-2021, 04:10 PM
Last Post: InfinityDark
  Project: GreySec Data Scraper Program DeepLogic 14 20,068 05-17-2020, 02:36 AM
Last Post: DeepLogic
  Mr Jeff Bezos Steps Out CryptoSeb 1 7,987 03-25-2018, 11:29 AM
Last Post: ghostshadow
  ‹ Clay Walker - If I Could Make a Living › CryptoSeb 0 7,055 03-23-2018, 12:42 AM
Last Post: CryptoSeb