Security Application Development Discussion
(07-20-2021, 02:31 PM)enmafia2 Wrote: Good luck with your tool kudamono Big Grin
There are a lot of similar tools out there, so if I were you I would focus on making it stand out. If you just want to learn it's all cool too!
I've noticed that there are already many tools that out there, that quite frankly probably do all of these different things more efficiently 
than what my current tool is doing. I want to be able to make something that is worth someone's time to use for different applications.

My original idea to make my tool look more original and worth attention, is instead of focusing on a specific tool that focuses on specific things, make a more general one that can do many things and might be more convenient to a starter than having to learn 20 different tools.

Do you think I'm approaching this correctly? Would it be wise to maybe switch up what I'm doing?

Thanks for your support!
    --- 果物
(07-20-2021, 06:20 PM)Kudamono Wrote:
(07-20-2021, 02:31 PM)enmafia2 Wrote: Good luck with your tool kudamono Big Grin
There are a lot of similar tools out there, so if I were you I would focus on making it stand out. If you just want to learn it's all cool too!
I've noticed that there are already many tools that out there, that quite frankly probably do all of these different things more efficiently 
than what my current tool is doing. I want to be able to make something that is worth someone's time to use for different applications.

My original idea to make my tool look more original and worth attention, is instead of focusing on a specific tool that focuses on specific things, make a more general one that can do many things and might be more convenient to a starter than having to learn 20 different tools.

Do you think I'm approaching this correctly? Would it be wise to maybe switch up what I'm doing?

Thanks for your support!
    --- 果物

Well yeah perhaps it could help for initial reconnaissance. If it's not as efficient but still effective I think it's not bad Smile
(07-21-2021, 10:15 AM)enmafia2 Wrote: Well yeah perhaps it could help for initial reconnaissance. If it's not as efficient but still effective I think it's not bad Smile

Thank you for your support! I really appreciate it! I'll continue working on this project, accepting ideas from this
community of a forum, and see where this goes.

--- 果物
You're well on your way, Kudamono. Maybe I don't need to make this suggestion to you at all, but I'll do it anyway. You can get a lot of learning gains from writing your own documentation. This will help you to understand the concepts and your security tool on a deeper level. Wish you the best of luck Kudamono! And have fun developing your project Smile
(08-25-2021, 06:30 AM)Xalium Wrote: You're well on your way, Kudamono. Maybe I don't need to make this suggestion to you at all, but I'll do it anyway. You can get a lot of learning gains from writing your own documentation. This will help you to understand the concepts and your security tool on a deeper level. Wish you the best of luck Kudamono! And have fun developing your project Smile

Thank you so much! I've been thinking about writing a more in-depth documentation, but due to me progressively becoming more busy, I've managed to at least be able to write a bit of a README on the project.
Hello everyone! Thank you for all the support you've shown me to this point. I really mean it, to see this take off, even as little as it had did. I think this is going to be a wrap from me with this project and move into other things. Maybe in the future I or someone else could improve upon this project. I imagine I won't move into another project like this for a while.
(11-01-2021, 03:46 AM)Kudamono Wrote: Hello everyone! Thank you for all the support you've shown me to this point. I really mean it, to see this take off, even as little as it had did. I think this is going to be a wrap from me with this project and move into other things. Maybe in the future I or someone else could improve upon this project. I imagine I won't move into another project like this for a while.

Awesome, good luck with other projects!